BB BOLD 9650 & USB 760 USAGE
OTRCOYOTE

I HAVE BEEN USING THE USB 760 FOR INTERNET ACCESS (ON MY LAPTOP) THROUGH VERIZON ACCESS MANAGER....NOW HAVE BOUGHT THE BB BOLD 9650 AND WOULD LIKE TO CONNECT MY LAPTOP TO INTERNET THROUGH THE BB DEVICE.  SINCE I ALREADY HAD VZ ACCESS MANAGER CAN I USE IT ?????

ALSO WHEN I JUST PLUG BB INTO LAPTOP VIA USB CABLE IT ASKS FOR PASSWORD TO GRANT ACCESS .  I'VE TRIED EVERY PASSWORD THAT I THOUGHT I HAD FOR THIS DEVICE BUT "NO ACCESS GRANTED" NOW UP TO 6 OF 10 !!  HELP

ANY HELP FOR THIS NOVICE WOULD BE APPRECIATED!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: BB BOLD 9650 & USB 760 USAGE
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

OTRCOYOTE wrote:

I HAVE BEEN USING THE USB 760 FOR INTERNET ACCESS (ON MY LAPTOP) THROUGH VERIZON ACCESS MANAGER....NOW HAVE BOUGHT THE BB BOLD 9650 AND WOULD LIKE TO CONNECT MY LAPTOP TO INTERNET THROUGH THE BB DEVICE.  SINCE I ALREADY HAD VZ ACCESS MANAGER CAN I USE IT ?????  I may be wrong (someone jump in and correct me if I am), but access to the internet through your phone is called tethering, and there is an additional fee for that on your phone's data account - separate from the USB 760 data charge.  The data plan you have on your phone does NOT automatically include tethering.

ALSO WHEN I JUST PLUG BB INTO LAPTOP VIA USB CABLE IT ASKS FOR PASSWORD TO GRANT ACCESS .  I'VE TRIED EVERY PASSWORD THAT I THOUGHT I HAD FOR THIS DEVICE BUT "NO ACCESS GRANTED" NOW UP TO 6 OF 10 !!  HELP  You can try the password for the USB 760, but it likely will not work either - you need to set up a tethering account for the BB to get internet access via the phone; it' s not the same as through the USB device.  And if your account is not provisioned for tethering through the BB, you won't get access through VZ Access Manager.

ANY HELP FOR THIS NOVICE WOULD BE APPRECIATED!!

0 Likes