I have a bold 9650 that changes the ringtones I set to vibrate or a single beep by itself. I check the settings and it is still on what I set it. When I go through the choices I get no sound or an error message. If I pull the battery it fixes the problem for a short time, maybe about a day but then it reverts to that problem. I have searched for this problem and found others with similar issues but short of pulling the battery all the time I can't find a solution. I haven't downloaded any apps excecpt crunch sms.
You will need to perform a factory reset to clear this error out. Here are the steps to do this:
1. On the Home screen or in a folder, click the Options Icon.
2. Click Security Options.
3. Click Security Wipe.
4. Press the Menu key.
5. Perform any of the following actions:
• To delete data from the messages application, contacts application, and other applications, select the Emails, Contacts, Etc check
• To delete all third-party applications that you have added, select the User Installed Applications check box.
• To delete all files from your media card, select the Media Card check box.
6. Type blackberry.
7. Click Wipe.