BB Bold 9650 no longer rings after updating OS
irishman0965

I recently updated my Bold to 6.0 Bundle 2333 v6.0.0.524 and since doing so I am having a couple of problems.  Intermittently when a call comes in, the phone does not ring.  Also, the alarm no longer works.  All I get is the screen asking whether I want to snooze or cancel the alarm.  I can usually cure both of these problems by removing the battery and reinstalling but it is only a temporary fix.  Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: BB Bold 9650 no longer rings after updating OS
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Just a thought - and maybe totally off base...but I know OS 6 has a greatly reduced number of ringtones and alert sounds as compared to OS5. Is it always the same contact when the phone doesn't ring? Perhaps their "ringtone" is no longer on the phone?

I'm still learning how my settings in the various sound profiles affect my alerts and tones - I think I have it set up and then it doesn't work the way I think I set it up - whether it's a glitch in my phone or my misunderstanding how the profiles work is still a mystery to me!!

So first I would check which profile I have set (Normal, Custom, Medium, Vibrate, etc) and review all the settings for that particular profile, as well as the ringtones set for my assorted contacts that don't seem to ring through. There may be a clue in there....

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: BB Bold 9650 no longer rings after updating OS
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Just a thought - and maybe totally off base...but I know OS 6 has a greatly reduced number of ringtones and alert sounds as compared to OS5. Is it always the same contact when the phone doesn't ring? Perhaps their "ringtone" is no longer on the phone?

I'm still learning how my settings in the various sound profiles affect my alerts and tones - I think I have it set up and then it doesn't work the way I think I set it up - whether it's a glitch in my phone or my misunderstanding how the profiles work is still a mystery to me!!

So first I would check which profile I have set (Normal, Custom, Medium, Vibrate, etc) and review all the settings for that particular profile, as well as the ringtones set for my assorted contacts that don't seem to ring through. There may be a clue in there....
0 Likes