BB Bold 9650 update .732 battery problem
PACWEST

I've had this new BB Bold 9650 for a couple weeks since the stores don't seem to carry the Tour anymore. But either way, it wasn't a signal hound but worked fine and battery life was good. But after the .732 update it's still no signal hound but now my battery is dieing after 8 Hrs...of no use! :smileymad:

So since the battery was fine before the update, I'd say it's not a bad device. And I've never had problems in my location with other VZW phones, I'm guessing with the update this device is really working hard to maintain a connection? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: BB Bold 9650 update .732 battery problem
Kimberly_Nicole
Contributor - Level 2

Hi.  I understand that you have having an issue with your battery.   I am sorry because I know that can be frustrating if it is not working after 8 hours of no use.   It does seem like the phone may be continuously draining the battery due to applications running.  Did you download any new applications after the update?  Are there any other applications that you use on a regular basis that could be draining the battery?

Waiting on your reply :smileyhappy:

Thanks!

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

I had a similar problem with my Bold.  My signal was flip flopping between 1X and 3G and that was causing more drain on the battery than normal.  I found the solution to downgrade back to the original 5.0.0.699 OS and everything was more stable.  I believe the main thing the 5.0.0.732 OS fixed was the push to talk feature.  I personally do not use that feature, so the .699 works well for me.  Hope this helps.

Doc

0 Likes
jjmcfan

I also run into multiple problems after the OTA "upgrade". for me, it isn't an upgrade at all! It made my phone unstable...including the 1x -> 3G jump that did not previously occur.

How do you downgrade? I've been researching and can't find a good way. I did a security wipe (or "hard reset") but the OS is still the same.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

To downgrade, you will need Blackberry Desktop Manager with the 5.0.0.699 file, both installed on your PC.  If you need the .699 file, I have it set up on a server.  I will PM you with the URL for download.

Doc

0 Likes
karihope

I just got the Bold and my battery is draining FAST  these first few days. Could you send me the downgrade of the os also? And instructions? Also, if I downgrade and that doesnt help, how do i upgrade again? Thanks!

0 Likes
karihope

PS, I am on a BES and my IT dept is not so helpful with this stuff so perhaps another solution in case I run into a problem with the OS? I have tried a bunch of things, hoping they would help the battery drain but so far to not much avail. I changed the mobile network from global to home and also the network technology to 1xev. Any way to delete PTT altogether to see if that makes a difference?

0 Likes
Taterbug

I would also appreciate the download url. I am having the same issues, constantly going from 3G to 1X. Charge battery all night, and don't use it very much during the day but it only has one bar left that same night. My 8703 for work keeps a charge for 3 days and I am constantly on the phone and emailing with it.

Thanks.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Taterbug wrote:

I would also appreciate the download url. I am having the same issues, constantly going from 3G to 1X. Charge battery all night, and don't use it very much during the day but it only has one bar left that same night. My 8703 for work keeps a charge for 3 days and I am constantly on the phone and emailing with it.

Thanks.

Hi,

Taterbug, I sent you a PM giving you the URL for the .699 file.  I did find out one thing.  I performed a clean install of my Bold with the 5.0.0.732 upgrade and it seems to be stable for the moment.  The battery drain has gone and the signal issues have leveled out.  I did a wipe of my device and loaded the .732 OS on my Bold and for the past 4 days it has been doing well.  One thing I have found is that when I have WiFi going along with the mobile network too, the battery will drain very fast...in a matter of a few hours.  I don't know if the clean install did anything different or not, but for now, for me, all seems to be ok.  I just thought I would report this to you all.  Any changes, and I will report here.

Doc

0 Likes