BB Data Plan
richk10

Just wondering if the $30 data plan is required to run a BB curve. And what does it include ifit is required? Is there any lower cost packages?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: BB Data Plan
leeford54
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes you do have to buy a data package. Verizon had a 15/month plan but I believe it was a promo and discontinued. The plan will cover email and web access for the most part. You also need it for additional apps but there may be a cost associated with those apps so be careful. Hope this helps

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3
The unlimited data plan, which is the only option for BlackBerry, covers all domestic data use, including data used by apps. Not covered are SMS/MMS and the purchase of apps.
0 Likes
richk10

If my family already has unlimited texting will that cover everything if i get the data package as well?

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

richk10 wrote:

If my family already has unlimited texting will that cover everything if i get the data package as well?

Hi,

Check with whomever is the head of the family plan.  See if the unlimited texting was added to your line.  Then, when you buy a Blackberry (or any other 3G Smartphone), you will have to get the $29.99 data plan.  It is not an option.  Verizon will not activate the phone unless it is added to the plan on your line.  After that, you will be covered.  You can text and instant message or surf the internet all you want.

Doc

0 Likes