BB & Roxio
amerifax

I had a Blackberry Storm when I installed the Software somewhere along the way I got Roxio on my Computer  I have long since uninstalled the Blackberry Software but the Roxio is STILL on my computer.

I need to know how to get rid of it.  Can somebody PLEASE help me.

Bob

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: BB & Roxio
Ms_Shonta
Contributor - Level 2

Here are some steps to uninstall Roxio.Hope this helps!

The following steps will completely remove any Roxio and Sonic software from your computer. 
Disable your startup applications using MSCONFIG. This will disable any unnecessary background or system tray applications from loading.
Go to Start -> Run. Type "msconfig" (without quotes) then click OK.
Select the Startup tab.
Click the Disable All button.
Click the Apply button, then click the OK button.
Click the Restart button.
To reverse this at the end of installation, go back into MSCONFIG and select Enable All and restart (that can be done once installation is complete). 
Note: Some anti virus/spyware programs may not be disabled using the steps listed above. You may need to check with your anti virus/spyware vendor on how to temporarily disable them.
Remove any Roxio and Sonic programs from Start > Control Panel >Add or Remove Programs.
For the step below you will need to show hidden files. This can be done by clicking on my computer then go up and click on Tools -> Folder Options -> View tab. Make sure show hidden folders is selected and click Apply. 
Delete these folders from your hard drive.
Note: When trying this step you may receive a message that a "file is in use". Simply drag that file to your desktop and it can be removed after restarting the computer. Also note that "Username" referred to below is the name you use when logging into Windows XP. 
C:\Program Files\Roxio 
C:\Program Files\Sonic 
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic Shared 
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Roxio
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sonic
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Roxio
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Sonic 
C:\Documents and Settings\user name\Local Settings\Application Data\Roxio 
Empty the recycle bin once the steps above are completed. 
Go into your browser and clear out the cookies and browsing history. This is usually found in the Tools -> Options window under the General or Security tab.
Remove these keys from the registry: 
WARNING: THE NEXT STEP INVOLVES EDITING YOUR SYSTEM REGISTRY. WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU EXPORT YOUR REGISTRY BEFORE ATTEMPTING ANY EDITING. EDITING YOUR REGISTRY INCORRECTLY CAN CAUSE IRREPARABLE SYSTEM DAMAGE. 
To export a copy of your registry, please do the following:
Go to Start -> Run. Type "regedit" (without quotes) and click OK.
Locate and left click File in the upper left hand corner of the Registry editor.
Click Export (Export range "All" should be selected).
Choose a location on your hard drive and give the file a name.
Click Save. Your registry should now be backed up in a .reg file to the location you specified
Registry edit instructions: 
Go to Start -> Run. Type "regedit" (without quotes) then click OK.
Double-click the HKEY_CURRENT_USER folder this will expand or open the folder.
Locate the Software folder.
Locate the Roxio folder.
Right click on Roxio and click delete.
Do the same for the Sonic folder.
Close the HKEY_CURRENT_USER folder.
Do the same for the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder.
Double-click the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder this will expand or open the folder.
Locate the Software folder.
Locate the Roxio folder.
Right click on Roxio and click delete.
Do the same for the Sonic folder.
Close the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder.
Restart the computer then reinstall Easy Media Creator.

The following steps will completely remove any Roxio and Sonic software from your computer. Disable your startup applications using MSCONFIG. This will disable any unnecessary background or system tray applications from loading.Go to Start -> Run. Type "msconfig" (without quotes) then click OK.Select the Startup tab.Click the Disable All button.Click the Apply button, then click the OK button.Click the Restart button.To reverse this at the end of installation, go back into MSCONFIG and select Enable All and restart (that can be done once installation is complete). 
Note: Some anti virus/spyware programs may not be disabled using the steps listed above. You may need to check with your anti virus/spyware vendor on how to temporarily disable them.Remove any Roxio and Sonic programs from Start > Control Panel >Add or Remove Programs.
For the step below you will need to show hidden files. This can be done by clicking on my computer then go up and click on Tools -> Folder Options -> View tab. Make sure show hidden folders is selected and click Apply. 
Delete these folders from your hard drive.

Note: When trying this step you may receive a message that a "file is in use". Simply drag that file to your desktop and it can be removed after restarting the computer. Also note that "Username" referred to below is the name you use when logging into Windows XP. 
C:\Program Files\Roxio C:\Program Files\Sonic C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio SharedC:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic Shared C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\RoxioC:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\SonicC:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\RoxioC:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Sonic C:\Documents and Settings\user name\Local Settings\Application Data\Roxio 
Empty the recycle bin once the steps above are completed. 
Go into your browser and clear out the cookies and browsing history. This is usually found in the Tools -> Options window under the General or Security tab.
Remove these keys from the registry: 
WARNING: THE NEXT STEP INVOLVES EDITING YOUR SYSTEM REGISTRY. WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU EXPORT YOUR REGISTRY BEFORE ATTEMPTING ANY EDITING. EDITING YOUR REGISTRY INCORRECTLY CAN CAUSE IRREPARABLE SYSTEM DAMAGE. 
To export a copy of your registry, please do the following:Go to Start -> Run. Type "regedit" (without quotes) and click OK.Locate and left click File in the upper left hand corner of the Registry editor.Click Export (Export range "All" should be selected).Choose a location on your hard drive and give the file a name.Click Save. Your registry should now be backed up in a .reg file to the location you specified
Registry edit instructions: Go to Start -> Run. Type "regedit" (without quotes) then click OK.Double-click the HKEY_CURRENT_USER folder this will expand or open the folder.Locate the Software folder.Locate the Roxio folder.Right click on Roxio and click delete.Do the same for the Sonic folder.Close the HKEY_CURRENT_USER folder.

Do the same for the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder.

Double-click the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder this will expand or open the folder.Locate the Software folder.Locate the Roxio folder.Right click on Roxio and click delete.Do the same for the Sonic folder.Close the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder.
Restart the computer then reinstall Easy Media Creator.

0 Likes