Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
BB Storm 1 freezing after new software update
unlcejscott
Novice

Hello All,

I thought I was one of the lucky ones, never having any of the issues others had with their devices...until I downloaded the last software update a few days ago.  Now the unit is constantly freezing up and I have to do a battery pull to un-freeze..

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated

Unclejscott

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: BB Storm 1 freezing after new software update
cassidy8

I have this exact same problem - have you found a solution?  I just downloaded the new software two weeks ago and it only freezes when I am texting (so far)

0 Likes
unlcejscott
Novice

cassidy8 wrote:

I have this exact same problem - have you found a solution?  I just downloaded the new software two weeks ago and it only freezes when I am texting (so far)

Just so you know, I first went to the store and had them swipe the devise and reload the new software.  That did not work....Sooooo to make a long story short, I ended up speaking directly to the store manager the next day and without blinking an eye he said that he'd have a new unit sent to my house, that had the new software already installed and that I was to bring both units back to the store and he would personally make sure everything was working before I left.

The unit I have has been trouble free since that moment. 
0 Likes
msagkittykat

I had the same problem until it made the screen go out and I had to take it in and get a new one....not sure if there is anything else we can do...make sure you rebooted it as well..

0 Likes