Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
BB Storm 9530 Cracked Screen
virtuo

Hello Everyone:

Recently, I dropped my BB Storm 9530 out of my pocket and it fell on the face of the phone.  When I picked it up, the screen was cracked on the bottom portion near the buttons, but still functions with no problems.  I can use it but I wanted to either get it replaced/fixed.  I already had this phone replaced for free for the screen functionality with no charge at a VZW store.  I'm under the understanding that VZW may not replace the phone for free and I may have to pay a fee.  I contacted C/S via email and they said I can receive a new phone but will have to pay the 1-year upgrade price (whatever the phone is), while it's not an actual contract extension.  Hence, the price would be $99 for the Storm or $249 for the Storm 2.  I don't have the insurance and I Know the screen can be replaced (via online searches), but will have to do myself.  Any insight or help, get back at me.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: BB Storm 9530 Cracked Screen
jnestell
Novice

I would highly suggest just finding the replacement screen/bezel.  It would be far cheaper and hopefully only take up a few careful minutes of your time to replace it.  No need to get a replacement phone for that price when otherwise it is a perfectly working phone.

To get an idea on what it would take to do this, here is a how-to for a curve.

http://cellphoneforums.net/blackberry-curve/t279243-faceplate-install-procedure-blackberry-curve.htm...

I will see if I can't dig up a how to for the Tour.

0 Likes
jnestell
Novice
0 Likes
virtuo

Thanks!  I found video via crackberry.com on how-to for Storm.  I should be able to do it.  I think the screen could run anwhere from $70-80 (not including tools).  That's probably my best bet. 

0 Likes
jnestell
Novice

Check this site out. Seems reasonable and they have the tools too for very cheap.

http://www.sw-box.com/blackberry-tour-9630-housing-bezel-with-keypad-top-cover-bottom-cover-oem-silv...

0 Likes