BB Storm 9530 crashed? Need help!
belle51

I was using the phone all day with no problems.  All of a sudden, the phone looked like it reset itself and I left it alone for about 15 minutes.  When I went back to it to check if I had any messages, the screen was completely black and there were no lights or anything.  I thought maybe the battery died for some reason, so I tried to plug it in and again, no red light.  I tried taking the battery out and everything and nothing seems to be working.  The phone has some sort of very faint backlight that keeps flashing on and off every 30 seconds or so as it is sitting next me. 

Any ideas???

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: BB Storm 9530 crashed? Need help!
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

First thing I would try would be to wipe the device and reload the OS.  If this didn't work I would take it to the VZW store and enquire about a replacement.

0 Likes
belle51

I don't know how to do that....

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

You can connnect your phone to the Desktop Manager Software and reload it that way, but it may be easier for you to just take it to your local VZW store.

0 Likes
queball110

LOL if that's your only problem your lucky I've went through 7 storms now and every one of them have the same problem I hate that phone and Verizon solution is to send me a tour, Not a touch screen and has a small screen I bought a touch on purpose. So it's either keep my **bleep** Storm or take a phone I don't want. 

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

queball110 wrote:

LOL if that's your only problem your lucky I've went through 7 storms now and every one of them have the same problem I hate that phone and Verizon solution is to send me a tour, Not a touch screen and has a small screen I bought a touch on purpose. So it's either keep my **bleep** Storm or take a phone I don't want. 

I am still trying to figure out VZW's replacement policy on phones.  I have been told by CS if you have three phones bad in a certain amount of time you will get a replacement of equal value. I have seen one Storm 1 replaced three times and the fourth time replaced with a Storm 2. 

I have seen a perfectly good running Storm 1 three months old upgraded to a Storm 2 with the "selected few" upgrade. At the same time asked about mine being upgraded to the Storm 2 and was told I'm not eligible but the three month old Storm was over mine which is a few months older ????  Fortunately my Storm 1 runs well and I am really not sure if I want a Storm 2 or move over to a droid.

Looks like every CS you talk to or every store you go into has a different set of rules on different days.  Any VZW reps on here care to comment ? 

0 Likes