Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BB Storm 9530-want to use as prepaid for phone and text only
momof3boyz

A friend gave me her old BB storm 9530 - all I want to do is use it for phone and text, don't need the data plan and internet and all the bells and whistles...was told by Verizon that I had to have a data plan. I am a former Alltel pay by the minute customer currently on Verizon - ran over my razr and got this one and want the same plan.  Can anyone help me?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: BB Storm 9530-want to use as prepaid for phone and text only
StreetDocRN
Leader
Leader

Hi,

You must have the data plan with the Blackberry, or any 3G Smartphone.  You will also have to get a regular plan.  The Blackberry can not be used on a prepaid plan.  Sorry.

Doc

0 Likes
Re: BB Storm 9530-want to use as prepaid for phone and text only
StreetDocRN
Leader
Leader

Hey,

I gave you a little information that was not quite correct.  Verizon does offer a few of the Blackberry devices as a pre paid plan.  The models are the 9330, Storm 2, and the Bold 9650 without the camera.  You are required to select a pre paid plan with either just talk or talk and text.  Also, you will be required to select the Blackberry data plan for $30 dollars.  So, to answer your question, you would not be able to use the 9530 on a pre paid plan.  If you want to check out their offerings for prepaid, go to Verizon's page at http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/splash/prepay.jsp for more information.  Again, sorry for not giving you correct information earlier.

Doc

0 Likes