BB Storm Picture and video issues uploading to desktop
bryan1906

Can someone please give me advice or tell me what should I do. I am having issues getting the pictures and video from my BB Storm 2 onto my laptop.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: BB Storm Picture and video issues uploading to desktop
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Bryan1906,

Please give this a try. Plug in your storm to your computer via USB. Your computer should recognize the it as a drive on from the Storm. If you have a memory card in the phone, then it will also be seen so you will have two drives. One will be the internal memory drive and the second one will be the memory card. Open up the folder where your pictures are, copy and paste them into the pictures folders on the SD card. As simple as that. Once you unplug your USB cable the phone will scan for pictures and...viola, they will be in the pictures folder on your BlackBerry Storm. I hope this helps. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
hhds

Me, too.  It doesn't download with the cable as other smartphones I've had did. Have you found any info yet? I'd appreciate the help, too.  Helen

0 Likes
EdW_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi Bryan1906,

Please give this a try. Plug in your storm to your computer via USB. Your computer should recognize the it as a drive on from the Storm. If you have a memory card in the phone, then it will also be seen so you will have two drives. One will be the internal memory drive and the second one will be the memory card. Open up the folder where your pictures are, copy and paste them into the pictures folders on the SD card. As simple as that. Once you unplug your USB cable the phone will scan for pictures and...viola, they will be in the pictures folder on your BlackBerry Storm. I hope this helps. 

0 Likes
JanS

I have photos on the device and on a memory card in my phone. 

I tried the suggestion above and my computer registers that something is plugged in and tells me I have "Removable Disk (F:smileyhappy:" but when I click on it to open it, it just says:

Please insert a disk into Removable Disk (F:smileyhappy:

?

Thanks.

JanS

0 Likes
GinaH_VZW
Contributor - Level 3

There are two ways you can transfer your media from your memory card to your computer. If you have not done so already, download the Blackberry Desktop software which will include the necessary drivers for your computer to recognize your Blackberry. You can download the software here: http://vzw.smithmicro.com/blackberry/desktop.aspx

From the Home screen, press the Menu button. 

Select Options. 

Select Memory. 

Select the current setting in the Mass Storage Mode Support field.

Select the desired option. 
On 
Off 

If enabling, select the current setting in the Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected field.

Select the desired option. 
Yes 
No 
Prompt 

Press the Menu button then select Save.

Another option is to set your phone in mass storage mode for your computer to read your memory card directly from your phone without instantly without any additional drivers. From the Home screen, press the Menu button -->Options-->Memory. Select Mass Storage Mode Support--> On. Next, select Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected--> Yes. Lastly, press the Menu button then Save. 

Now connect your phone to the computer with the USB cable. It should now show your memory card in the F drive. 

Hope this helps.

0 Likes