BB Storm Update & Facebook Missing...But Not Missing!
RADishMom

I updated the software to my BB Storm.  Facebook app needed to be reinstalled, so I did that.  It shows that it is installed, but I cannot not find it anywhere.  So I deleted it, the icon showed up, but had to be reinstalled.  Reinstalled.  Icon gone again.  The app list shows it as installed, but if its there, its GONE.  I checked hidden icons, couldn't find it there, either.  Anyone have any suggestions? 

Thanks in advance!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: BB Storm Update & Facebook Missing...But Not Missing!
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

When you delete it the icon will remain because that's a link to download the app again. Sometimes it shows up in the Applications folder, or check the Downloads folder. Make sure you have Show All checked while viewing. If it's in the list in Options>Applications it's gotta be somewhere.

0 Likes
RADishMom

It indeed shows up on the applications list under "options" but I cannot find it anywhere.  I have made sure "show all" is checked, I have checked every folder--the icon truly isn't there.  It is bizarre.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

RADishMom wrote:

It indeed shows up on the applications list under "options" but I cannot find it anywhere.  I have made sure "show all" is checked, I have checked every folder--the icon truly isn't there.  It is bizarre.

Hi,

Try this...Go to Email Settings and open that.  Then press the Menu key.  Select Service Books.  Then select Resend Service Books.  See if that gets you fixed up.

Doc

0 Likes
ladiesman

Hey i kinds figured it out!!!! yay me!!!

goto:

OPTIONS --> APPLICATIONS --> (on top right corner u have an icon called third party application, press it it gives you options for add-ons choose that then it will give you a list of all facebook myspace etc.... ) Hope this helped and then you can move them to main applications folder or where ever.

0 Likes
ladiesman

Had to quote/correct myself :manmad: 

I was wrong about being able to move them to the main screen, you cannot do anything when u see the application besides deleting it. Sorry abt that

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

From the home screen with all your icons displayed hit your menu button and select Options. This will show you what folder you have selected for your downloads. Any downloads you do should go in that folder.

0 Likes
fmlrockstar

im having so problem so your not alone i tried everything still cant get it fixed so if anyone got ideas or know how to do it plz help i need my facebook lol

0 Likes
JChase

me too! having the same problem, and getting extremely frustrated. 

I've called tech support and been to the store as well. No one seems to be able to help. They just keep telling me to reinstall the update, which still isn't working! 

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

I have one last suggestion.  If you were like me, you downloaded Facebook from within Blackberry App World.  Try to download it from your Blackberry browser or from your desktop.  Go here for the link at Blackberry's web site.

Doc

0 Likes