BB TOUR UPDATE ON BLACKBERRY DEVICE MANAGER
arnhelzky

Hi,

The Blackberry Device Manager installed in my PC shows that 5.0.0.591 is already available. I was amazed and excited to upgrade my BB tour. So, i started doing my stuff... Upon continuing, to my surprise, I could no longer continue... because of this: " ONLY ACTIVE BLACKBERRY SERVICE SUBSCRIBERS ARE ENTITLED TO INSTALL THIS BLACKBERRY DEVICE SOFTWARE UPGRADE." What is this? I'm here in the philippines... what can i do? My current device software is 4.7.1.61...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: BB TOUR UPDATE ON BLACKBERRY DEVICE MANAGER
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

You are getting this message because of one of two things; your device does not have any service or has had service suspended, or you are not a Verizon customer and you are trying to load the OS update to a non-Verizon Tour.  If you are not a Verizon customer, you will need to delete the vendor.xml file on your computer before loading the software.  Basically, it will be like loading a leaked OS to your device.  A Google search will give you more details.

Doc

0 Likes
arnhelzky

HI,

What is that vendor .xml?  And where will i find the vendor .xml on my computer?

0 Likes
jnestell
Contributor - Level 2

Go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader on your computer and you should find the vendor.xml file.  If you do not, do a search for it and you should be able to find it.

It is a file used to help with the installation of the software depending on service profider.

0 Likes
arnhelzky

hi,

thanks for telling me where to find it. i already deleted the vendor.xml file but it still says i am not an active balckberry service subscriber. i guess i really dont know what im doing here.. i need the simplest instruction or steps on how to upgrade my BB tour. all i know is i have already delete the file.

0 Likes
arnhelzky

hi doc, i already did what you said. i deleted the vendor.xml file but the DM still says that im not an active blackberry service subscriber. i got a feeling that RIM is blocking it so i cant use DM for this. now my problem is, WHERE CAN I FIND A LEAK FOR THAT OS? There are some links i found but whenever i open it, it says that the link has been deleted because of certain viloations.. whatever... can you give me a site where i can find and DOWNLOAD THE OS? THNX

0 Likes