BB Texting
laneyak

Howdy,

I recently switched over to VZW and got the Tour.  My text msgs are gut off.  I am limited to a certain amount of characters.  My gf has VZW as well and does not have that problem.  Is there a fix to this.  Im not concerned with those receiving, I dont want to have to send, then recompose to finish a text.  Any and all help is greatly appreciated.  

Kyle 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: BB Texting
basspro
Contributor - Level 1

Just send them as a MMS message, as there is not a character limit.

0 Likes
Re: BB Texting
rookietrader
Enthusiast - Level 3

laneyak wrote:

Howdy,

I recently switched over to VZW and got the Tour.  My text msgs are gut off.  I am limited to a certain amount of characters.  My gf has VZW as well and does not have that problem.  Is there a fix to this.  Im not concerned with those receiving, I dont want to have to send, then recompose to finish a text.  Any and all help is greatly appreciated.  

Kyle 

right now the only thing that comes to mind is the mms....like the op suggested...but when the 5.0 os comes out it has threaded sms so the text automotically sends all characters without being cut off...it should be soon for the official os 5.0 comes out...i say a few wks...what kind of phone does your girlfriend have with vz?  some phones automically break up the text. i had a vz phone that did that before. not a bb though. well my bb does now cause i have a leaked 5.0 os. and when sending sms your phone now should cut the text after 160 characters...so you want type anymore.

0 Likes