BB Tour 9630 VZAccess Manager problems
binquint

I've, once again, lost my tethering connection via VZAccess Manager.  I've, once again, removed VZAccess Manager from my laptop and reinstalled it.  This has worked several times in the past, but not this time.  Looking for suggestions on how to restore my tethering/modem ability.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: BB Tour 9630 VZAccess Manager problems
moates
Contributor - Level 3

I have provide some information below that may help with your tethering connection to VZAccess Manager.

I would advise to download the newest version of VZAccess Manager. I have provided the downloaded link below:

***Please be sure that you have completely uninstalled the previous version before installing the new version.

http://www.vzam.net/download/supported.aspx

-Under the category PDA/Advance Devices select the link to the version that is compatible with your OS (ex. Windows 7)

-Select the link

-Enter your 10 digit Verizon Wireless number

-Select download now and save the file to your desktop.

***If you are running VZAccess Manager version 6 or lower and do not want to update the version (complete the steps below)

Download and Install the Blackberry Desktop Manager. I have provided the link to download below:

http://www.vzam.net/blackberry/

-Select Personal Email (If you are not on a BES (Blackberry Enterprise Server)

-Select your device model type (BB Tour 9630)

-Enter your 10 digit Verizon Wireless number and select download on the bottom right-hand corner of the page.

-Once the file is downloaded, install the Blackberry Desktop manager and open it.

-Once it is open, tether your device to your computer and desktop manager and it will update the information. You may minimize the menu once it is complete.

***Blackberry Desktop manager will contain the driver necessary for tethering your Blackberry Tour

***Try untethering and pull your battery on the Blackberry device. Place the battery back into the device and allow it to boot back up (this may take 3-5 minutes). Tether your device once again and retest.

0 Likes