BB or Smartphone .. what are the differences.
Tuckster

Its going to be a BB or a smartphone but I don't really know what the differences are. I know a BB comes with a $29.95/month fee but if I'm mainly access e-mail, how about a smartphone instead ??? Help !!!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: BB or Smartphone .. what are the differences.
pices1983

If you are asking for a recommendation I would go with the BB. i have used both the BB and smartphones in my years of dealing and using a variety of devices and to me the BB works so much better when it comes to the email and applications portion of the phone. They both are relatively smartphones if you want to keep it simple but BB stands out for a specific reason to me because their form of email is more reliable and I have had no major problems and the only problem I had really was when I got a replacement/warranty phone, and I had to just contact BB to fix it but besides that nothing so GO BB!

0 Likes
pices1983

Oh! and sorry the difference between them both that is mostly noticed, is that bb has their own form of operating system and the normal smartphones usually run off of different ones such as windows6.0 or the newly 6.5 which are more computer related operating systems and my honest opinion run alot slower and freeze alot as well

0 Likes
PROB1

I've used both. My Smartphone had a Windows 5.0 O/S.  When I switched to a Blackberry my monthly fee did not change because you are going to have to pay a fee for internet access on the smartphone as well.  Maybe it was the O/S, but I thought the smartphone was very, very sloooooooow.  Felt like I had to commit my whole lunch hour just to check email and top news stories.  My emails are there on my Blackberry in real time, so there is no opening Internet Explorer, logging on, and waiting for emails.  If you want my opinion, I'd go with the Blackberry, if not I've got a "not so smart" smartphone that I'm selling on Ebay :smileywink:.

0 Likes
JeanneB

I have the Imagio with 6.5 and I get my emails immediately, or I can set them to come through less often, it works great.  I was originally considering the Tour but I wanted wifi and my Imagio synced flawlessly with my company exchange server yesterday, in less than 5 minutes my email was set up and my contacts and calendar were synced, and with no extra software to purchase like with BB.

I've had my phone for almost a week now, using it pretty heavily, and I've had no problems with it freezing or being slow.

0 Likes
Tuckster

Good stuff but it sounds like its more a persoal preference. I was hoping to save the $29.95. I have a friend that has a phone where he can get e-mails etc. and he does not pay a monthly charge ???? Must not be verizon

0 Likes