BB10 Link
cmcd
Enthusiast - Level 2

Link has stopped syncing to my Z30. Have a log of problem. How do I get it to ?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: BB10 Link
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lets get your Blackberry Link up and running with your Z30 cmcd! We're here to do everything we can to help! What issues are you experiencing? For your records, Blackberry can be reached by visiting http://bit.ly/1bZcj9k

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
cmcd
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am running a Win 8 laptop with an i7 processor and Norton suite 21

OK, I was working through the support forums with no success and I Tweeted with BlackBerryHelp and asked how to get the log created by Link to them and they suggested contacting my carrier.

I had Link working fine for three months and recently – late last month – began having problems. At first I thought maybe it was related to updating Link from 1.2.2.x to 1.2.3.x, so I reverted back to 1.2.2.x and that didn’t help. I’m back with Link 1.2.3.x now.

I did find some issues with my new computer but have repaired that via SFC /scannow and DISM.exe per MS recommendations…

Link will run all the way through and when it comes to “Writing data to device” it pauses a few seconds and then reverts back to Link’s main screen with a message in the lower left corner saying “Sync was unsuccessful.” On a couple instances when I tried to sync the laptop with reboot or I’ll get a Blue screen (DPC Watchdog error.)

Attached are two Link log files which might gleam some indication as to what the issue might be. Ops, they’re 90 MB, so they are larger than I can attach. Do you have an FTP location I can drop them to, or do you need them?

Last suggestion I got from BB Forum was to try… http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB35456

So that is going to be my next step.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Charlie

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the update, cmcd!  I apologize you're having such a difficult time successfully completing a sync for your BlackBerry Z30.  Although my support is limited with this software, I will definitely provide you all the support I have available.

The Knowledge Base article that you provided is a great solution for this issue.  I would test using the workaround it suggests.  Deselect some of the syncing components to allow it to sync only 1-2 parts at a time.  Hopefully this will result in a successful synchronization.  You will also be able to see which application on the phone is not syncing properly.  Keep me posted!

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jinxs1591
Enthusiast - Level 2

hey come over to crackberry and we may be able to help you, Turn off Norton and try a sync

0 Likes
cmcd
Enthusiast - Level 2

That did show some improvement sync only Calendar or only Contacts - as I said because I can now sync the Calendar.

However, it still fails to sync Contacts.

My old 9930 easily syncs all.

Link log shows a number of errors and I suspect it relates to Registry errors caused by install/uninstalling Link versions. BB needs a means to clean the registry since their uninstall does not do so.

0 Likes