Enthusiast - Level 3

Can we preorder a BB10 with VZW?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: BB10
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I don't believe BB10 has been officially announced yet. Some time in January, I believe it will be. If Verizon Wireless intends to have a BB10 after that announcement, they will usually issue a press release at that time or later on.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
BBFanatic
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's getting a little bit annoying with Verizon and their love for everything Android and crap IPhone.

With Rogers in Canada you can already pre-order the BB10 phones. On January 31, 2013 the first BB10 phone will be unveiled which we already know what it looks like and that it will be an all-touch Torch-like phone. According to RIM it will be ready to be shipped. A browser comparison tests between the IPhone 5, a Windows phone and the BB10 test version shows that speed and net compatibility leaves the IPhone and Windows phones in the dust.

Yet rumors has it that Verizon will not make the phones available until May though phones can be delivered in February or March. How about Verzion does make a pre-sale for the BB10 and maybe for once they can get get up and stop kissing Apples behind and cuddle with Android and Windows devices.

O2, EE and Vodafone in the UK announced they will begin offering the new BB10 devices in January. Hey Verizon, aren't you owned by Vodafone at 49%???

etfred
Enthusiast - Level 3

We have 2 bb's with wzw and will cancel our contract if vzw expects us to wait until May for bb10. Getting tired of vzw anyways..their love for anything that's not bb is getting to me too!

BBFanatic
Enthusiast - Level 2

I guess it is more money for Verizon to promote Androids, Windows and IPhones. Up until the introduction of IPhone with Verizon you were able to get unlimited Data plans. But the Iphone is such a data hog (15 times more bandwidth usage than a BB) it made sense for them to water down their data packages and just charge you more.

I certainly might walk away as well ir Verizon waits until May. My entire company is using BBs.

hmbbadmin

Yep...I thought it was interesting that when I moved my family to the "shared plan" that my BB enterprise connection failed.  I can no longer communicate with my company BES server.  Seems like they just stopped the enterprise bb connectivity.  Pulled the battery, fail.  Pulled the sim card...fail. Resent IT and desktop policies....bes server reporting "unable to communicate with device".  Going to try a factory reset on my bold to see if I can get the "Enterprise activation" option back.....

Sure smells like verizon is doing everything they can to kill bb.....

0 Likes
etfred
Enthusiast - Level 3

Unreal!! Agree with you seems to me VZW does not support BB at all. 1 year ago I decided to upgrade my 9650 to 9930. After 3 Verizon store stops and pushy sales people pushing iphone went home to shop online! The online customer support began to push iphone had to get rude and insist 9930 or I walk. No way will I wait till May for BB10, whichever carrier has it first is where I'll be.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

0 Likes
dalenyc
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have no doubt that everyone who ever owned a blackberry will be looking at them when they come out! I have been following closely. The new president\CEO is not an old stuff shirt set-in-his ways guy. this means they are not in this to lose. he says theres no plan B. They have pushed their developers, and marketing to come out with commonsense apps, and the email push is already in the bag. Video conferencing on BBM is suppose to be a given. the phone itself flows flawlessly so far, and they have true multi-tasking as a part of the main features and selling point. html5 is very fast. the new playbook is not sexy but if you want to have an idea how efficient BB10 is going to be watch some videos on the new new OS on playbook.

0 Likes
etfred
Enthusiast - Level 3

Can't wait until the BB10 is available!! Want one now! I have a playbook since launch and love it.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

I'm saving my upgrade to see what BB10 has to offer. We'll soon find out if it's as outstanding as it appears to be.

0 Likes