BB9930 twitter app no longer getting instant direct messages
AFADANIEL
Enthusiast - Level 2

A few days ago the twitter app on my BB9930 stopped getting instant or pushed direct messages. DMs will show up but only when the set refresh has been reached like 10minutes. Up until a few days ago when someone sent me a twitter DM i got it immediately. I've tried just about everything I can think of from deleting then reinstalling the twitter app, soft and hard resets. The twitter app on my iPad is getting DMs immediately so not sure why that is working but not on my BB9930.

Any advice would be appreciated.

thx

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: BB9930 twitter app no longer getting instant direct messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know its important to make sure you receive your messages on y our twitter app AFADANIEL. I'm sorry to hear you're having issues. Did you update the software on your device recently? Does your phone have enough internal memory? You can also try clearing the app cache by selecting > Apps > Settings > Apps> Tap the app > Clear cache.  If that doesn't work, you can also clear all cached data by selecting Apps > Settings > Storage > Cached Data > OK.'

Keep us posted and also make sure you update your actual twitter settings to ensure that setting is enabled. 

KinquanaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
AFADANIEL
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for the reply.

Unfortunately I've tried all that. I even did a secure erase of my BB9930 and installed a backup from a year ago when everything was working fine. All software on the 9930 is up to date. Plenty of available memory also. Not sure why I'm not getting instant Twitter DMs. Twitter on my iPad gets the DMs the second they are sent just like my 9930 used to. I'm stumped.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate any details you can provide. This will help us get to the bottom of this. Have you uninstalled the application and re installed it?

EstebanP_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
AFADANIEL
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes. Multiple times.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for testing that out already, AFADANIEL. Let's keep digging into this to find a resolution. Were there any changes to the device when this started? Any issues with any other apps or alerts being delayed?

DanielleR_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
AFADANIEL
Enthusiast - Level 2

No delays in other apps that I can think of. I mainly only use my BB9930 for email, SMSs and twitter so I don't have many 3rd party apps installed.

I even tried resending the service books.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We see. We appreciate you going through all of those steps for us. May we ask if you have contacted the manufacturer directly? Did this begin occurring perhaps after an update?

KleoL_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
AFADANIEL
Enthusiast - Level 2

My 9930 got the latest update over a year ago. Haven't seen another 1 from Verizon since then.

Blackberry stopped supporting their phones a while ago as far as I can tell. They don't even have any support forums anymore.

0 Likes