BBerry 9650 Wont Power Up (Battery ok)
787Dream

When ever I turn phone off (prior to flight) and upon landing, I cant turn phone on with out removing the battery & hard booting. This happens every time. The screen also wont turn on until multiple track pad pushes. As many as 10-15 pushes before screen activates. The battery charge is fine & there are no charging issues. I have tried reloading software,  Using OS 6.0 Bundle 3084 (v6.0.0.719, Platform 4.4.0.560). Also, the track pad functionality also seems erratic as I cant mouse over the screen without holding either the Alt or shift key. Very annoying. Any help appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: BBerry 9650 Wont Power Up (Battery ok)
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Could the keyboard be wearing out and not making good connection with the inner workings?  It sounds like your keypresses are just not getting a good response.  Is there a way to clean the contact area under the keyboard/trackpad area?

How old is the Bold?  Could it have gotten wet or damp (affecting the contact area)?  Just my initial thoughts... anyone else have other ideas?

0 Likes
787Dream

This was brand new device in Dec 2011 & these issues started within a month of being new, so I'd rule out a worn keypad. Also, it has never gotten wet. It seems to be software related to me, but I don't know.

Thanks

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

OK - you are using the same OS I am, exactly, and I am not having the issue. If it is software related, it could be an app that's causing the weird behavior -  I've had apps lock up the device or cause it to run sluggishly.  What do you have running?  You said it started within the first month - and if it was new I'd guess you were downloading and adding apps.

I'd start with the most recent one added, and delete until you get a working phone again.  A pain, yeah, but so is a glitchy phone.

0 Likes
787Dream

I removed the one app I had installed, no joy- select phone to off & wont turn back on. I tried plugging charger in & only the red msg lite blinks, nothing else. Remove battery & reinstall the device hard boots back up. removing app made no difference.

Thanks

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ugh. I'm sorry you are having this problem!  I love my Bold.... you said you have re-installed OS 6.0.0.719?  Did you do it through Desktop Manager?  Or download and install it to your computer, then use BB Swiss Army Knife to install it to the phone?  SoccerRef recommended that to me and it was a faster install and I have had no problems.

0 Likes
787Dream

I had no issue using BB Desk Top software. Where do we go from here?

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can try downloading and reinstalling using BB Swiss Army Knife (BBSAK).  If something got messed up using BB Desktop, then you are just reinstalling the same error.  Try installing a different way and see if that helps?

0 Likes
787Dream

Still no help- I also tried restore back to earlier version & same issues. I'd like a new phone what's next?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for visiting the Community. I hate you had to visit us regarding an issue you are having with your phone.
What you are experiencing is not typical or normal, therefore I can see how annoying and frustrating this must be for you.
Since you already have the current software version on your Blackberry Bold, I would suggest completing a factory reset http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=32934
Do you ever use Blackberry Desktop Manager to back up  your information to ensure it isn't lost? Please do that prior to performing the factory reset. Once the reset is done and you restore everything back to the phone, try it again and let us know if the Bold will power back on once you press the power button.

Tamara H.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes