Re: BBerry Tour 9630 New OS Release?
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3

As I said above .53 was ridden with bugs. The two 5.0 OS are far more stable than that one. The newest 5.0 is by far the best with no bugs and now the 1.6 Facebook is working with 5.0 so all apps are working that I have tested.

0 Likes
basspro
Contributor - Level 1

Where and how do I get 5.0?

0 Likes
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3

Look around the answer might be in ur inbox.:smileywink:

0 Likes
gmandisco
Enthusiast - Level 3

can you send it to me too?

0 Likes
rscarlett

I don't believe that the official 5.0 has been released yet....or am I wrong?

From all the issues I've seen folks having with the leaked versions, I'm biding my time until the real deal is announced and available.  When you Google the "Blackberry Tour OS 5.0" it is not hard to find links to where you can download the leaked version(s).  I'm sure the official release can't be too very far down the road at this point.

0 Likes
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3

The latest leak is .230 and it is very stable the newest known build is .236 for the Tour. The issues where with .191 and its buggy on the Storm also. I was biding my time for an oficial version also that how I wound up with 4.7.53 and all the problems it had. If you are comfortable stay with 4.7, but with the new BBM out there is no reason for me to ever return to a 4.xx OS.

0 Likes
rscarlett

Xtreme Berry -

I'm confused.  You state:

The latest leak is .230 and it is very stable the newest known build is .236 for the Tour.

How can the newest known build for the Tour be more recent than the latest leak?   Are you saying that there are builds that have been made subsequent to the latest leak that have not gotten out on the net?  I guess this would make sense.  

Are there problems with the .230 version as far as installation goes?  I'd hate to get my butt in the wringer over a non-official install and then be **bleep** getting my Berry back in action again.  

You are a good salesman for 5.0....and now I'm getting more anxious to have it onboard my Tour.

0 Likes
XtremeBerry
Contributor - Level 3

LOL I can see where that might be confusing but what you stated is correct there are higher internal builds out there just not leaked.

You are right! I did not mean to come across as a salesman I just originally wanted to stop some bad rumours about the newest builds for the Tour.I need to zip it about this anyway.

0 Likes
gmandisco
Enthusiast - Level 3
Xtremeberry can you send me the link? To the good, stable 5.0 build.
0 Likes
Trelaina

Has anyone heard an update on the official Verizon release?  I am so anxious to get this given all the positive news I've heard about it....

0 Likes