BLACKBERRY SYNC AND WINDOWS MAIL
Terri21

Hi All,

I'm trying to sync my bb and I'm getting an error message once I confirm the changes "Connector Specific Error". I've never received this error before and I've been a blackberry user for 3 years now. I received upgraded from the curve to the tour and after my inital sync I continue to receive this message.

Also, is it possible to sync - BB Calendar w/ Windows Mail? I don't have Outlook on my computer. I'm able to sync my contacts but not the calendar. Is there a way to provide a workaround for this?

I'm using windows vista and I have both updated versions of Manager and Device Software.

Thanks,

Terri

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: BLACKBERRY SYNC AND WINDOWS MAIL
kmblygrn

Hi Terri21, I am curious, did you ever hear of a solution to the Calendar issue with Vista? I am using a BB Storm and this weekend I purchased a new laptop with Vista, not knowing I couldn't sync a calendar. This issue has been driving me crazy all weekend. I have spent LOTS of time on boards asking everyone I think may know and I haven't heard a thing.

Are you still receiving the error message as well? What do you think of the Tour? I really like the Storm, it is my first bb.

Thank you,

Kimberly

0 Likes
Re: BLACKBERRY SYNC AND WINDOWS MAIL
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi, Terri,

Welcome to the forums.  Microsoft really screwed things up when they went back to the Windows Mail instead of using Outlook Express for Vista's mail and calender.  The only way to sync your calendar now with Windows Mail would be through 3d party such as Yahoo.  You would have to create a Yahoo account which is free.  Then sync your Windows Mail with your Yahoo account.  After that, you could then sync your Blackberry via Blackberry Desktop Manager with the Yahoo account. 

I really look for support to change soon for easier syncronizing with Vista soon.  Perhaps it will be done through Microsoft's Windows Live.  You could purchase Outlook as a program by itself from Microsoft for about $110 dollars, but I understand how tight money is these days.  I wish there was an easier answer.  At least you can sync your contacts via Windows Mail. 

As far as the error message you got, try to reboot your device by pulling the battery out and reinserting it.  Also, restart you computer and see if that helps.  Good luck.

Doc

0 Likes