BREW Text Messages from #118012222269
Peachy4

I just got my Blackberry Tour and today I received 20 Txt messages from this Brew:0104F4BC:smileysurprised:ZMAIL and it's just 4:35 PM EST.

How do I turn this madness off?  I tried deleting my e-mail accounts and changed passwords and nothing is helping.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: BREW Text Messages from #118012222269
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

Those are email alerts from the Mobile Email subsription. You most likely have a basic feature phone before your Blackberry and you subscribed to Mobile Email, yes? If so, you'll need to call customer service and make sure that your subcription is cancelled. That should clear it right up.

0 Likes
teresam727

I am getting this same text too. I get one every 30 minutes exactly. I have been calling and calling verizon and they have no idea how to fix it other then for me to change my number. There has to be a better solution!

Peachy4 wrote:

I just got my Blackberry Tour and today I received 20 Txt messages from this Brew:0104F4BC:smileysurprised:ZMAIL and it's just 4:35 PM EST.

How do I turn this madness off?  I tried deleting my e-mail accounts and changed passwords and nothing is helping.

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3
There is a solution and I posted what the solution was: you need to get Tech Support to cancel the Mobile Email subscription for you. These text alerts you're getting are email notifications from the Mobile Email application. Once the subscription is cancelled, removed and cleared from the system these messages will stop.
0 Likes
Michele-VzW
Contributor - Level 2

Blackberry has its own mobile email, BIZ (pop3 servers) or BEZ (corporate emails).  The easiest and fastest solution to this problem is to mark the email as spam and it should stop, you can do this at www.vtext.com

Let me know if this works for you!

0 Likes
awbr
There is a known issue with OZ Mail. You will need to call tech support to have them file a trouble ticket to get it resolved
0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Michele,

I did not realize about the vtext.com page for that problem.  I learn something everyday.  Kudos to you.

Doc

0 Likes
Peachy4

These are text messages, therefore the spam thing for emails doesn't work.  I called tech support and had them to remove mobile mail and I stopped text messages for 24 hrs and I am still getting this crazy text messages.  I tried deleting my e-mail accounts, changing the password and re-adding the e-mail accounts and that didn't work.

0 Likes
k2rrt

I had the same problem when I went from a dumb phone to blackberry. I simply changed the password on my email account (in my case gmail) adn the alerts stopped coming.

That is the only thing that worked for me. Multiple Calls to customer Service didn't get me anywhere.

0 Likes
Michele-VzW
Contributor - Level 2

Peachy4 wrote:

These are text messages, therefore the spam thing for emails doesn't work.  I called tech support and had them to remove mobile mail and I stopped text messages for 24 hrs and I am still getting this crazy text messages.  I tried deleting my e-mail accounts, changing the password and re-adding the e-mail accounts and that didn't work.

Hey Peachy the reason we suggest going into the email to get this brew message turned off is because it is a result of email. 

0 Likes