BackUp Assistant replaced with VZ Cloud
dinkytree2

When my Z10 was replaced after it totally shut down, my Backup Assistant was replaced with the Verizon Cloud. In VZW's list of supported devices,the only BlackBerry that shows us the Z30! Can I get Backup assistant back?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: BackUp Assistant replaced with VZ Cloud
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dinkytree2, I want to make sure that you are able to get all of your contacts back onto the device. I want to clarify, on your Blackberry Z10 do you have the Verizon Cloud on the device? If so, have you tried to run that application to get your contacts back onto the phone. We do support the Z10 with the Verizon Cloud. Please keep me posted.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
dinkytree2

Kevin, yes I do have the VZW Cloud on my Z10. It's not clear how to actually back up my data. Will it back up my contacts and notes, etc?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dinkytree2,

Good question! Within the application you would simply be able to select the categories of data that you wish to back up. When accessing the application do you not see separate categories or backup options?

AdamG_VZW

0 Likes
dinkytree2

Yes, I do see the separate categories. Does it back up automatically? If not what steps to take in order for backup to happen?

0 Likes
leewclark
Contributor - Level 1

I always receive an error message when Verizon Cloud backs up my data or syncs my contacts...It does not work well.  I have multiple entries for the same contact.  For example I have one contact listed ten times.... Help Verizon....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dinkytree2,

Great questions! Just select the menu button and go into settings in the Cloud app. From there you will be able to set up a backup schedule so that it will backup automatically!

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dinkytree2,

We definitely want the Cloud to work great for you! What errors are you receiving? Are you able to edit the contacts through your online account? http://vz.to/16bLoV6 That is often the best way to remove any duplicate contacts.

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes