Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
Backup Assistant again
JMB
Enthusiast

When I had my old flip-phone BUA was so reliable. It really is awful with the curve 8530. Yes, I do use other backups like the BB desktop and lookout, but like the BUA (when it works) being a visible record that can be printed and also transferred to my next phone.

I used to be able to edit online and have it sync with my phone. That sync button just goes and goes and then times out. Now, even though I have a schedule set up using the BB menu, it rarely even does the backup itself. I must do it from the phone manually - but at least that works.

So, Verizon, you have been admitting "problems" with BUA and the BB since I got it in May. What is happening and do you expect it to work eventually? It was such a superior app on the not-smart phone and I miss its dependability.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Backup Assistant again
SoccerRef
Contributor

I find that Desktop Manager is easier to use. You can use it to switch all your setting to another BB.

0 Likes
Re: Backup Assistant again
SydneyK
Master

I back up with Desktop Manager too. Although you have to do it manually, it's quick and it works the way it's supposed to.

0 Likes