Backup Assistant for Blackberry
snunez133
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have read in various forums that Backup Assistant for Blackberry was due out today, March 9th.  Well it is March 9th and no Backup Assistant that I can find.  Does anyone know if Backup Assistant for Blackberry is coming out.  Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Backup Assistant for Blackberry
snunez133
Enthusiast - Level 2

Backup assistant was pushed to my phone sometime in the last 24 Hours.  Works great.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
sirkoko

Backup Assistant has now become completely free for compatible Verizon Handsets.

Right now, Backup Assistant is not available on the Blackberrys for right now.  That is why desktop manager software is available, for free, for ALL blackberrys.

It will still probably be at least another month for Baskup Assistant on Blackberry, but the Tour is going to be the first one that gets it.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
nmchileman
Master - Level 3

The scheduled released date for Backup Assistant for Blackberry was actually March 1st. The application will be pushed to your device as a Virtual Pre-load, the same way Slacker, Facebook, VZ Navigator..etc are pushed to your phone. RIM does this push in batches, so as not to overload their servers with downloads. They do it in batches of thousands of customer's at a time, so it may take a week or two before you get it pushed.

Soon it should also be available at start.vzw.com for manual download from your Blackberry browser.

At any rate, if you have a Gmail account I recommend downloading Google Sync and skipping Backup Assist. VZW's applications tend to be laggy and bloated. Google Sync is a simple, lightweight application that auto syncs your contacts and calendar to your Gmail account. Download it at m.google.com/sync from your Blackberry browser.

0 Likes
snunez133
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the reponse.

0 Likes
snunez133
Enthusiast - Level 2

Backup assistant was pushed to my phone sometime in the last 24 Hours.  Works great.

0 Likes
JamesRyan

I received a Verizon Blackberry Backup Assistant download early this morning...however, it has yet to function. It does identify my BB and ph.#.

0 Likes
JamesRyan

Did you have to do anything to get it to work?

I have yet to get it to connect with the service...shows my phone number with a "+1" preceeding the 10-digit number.

Can't change that, though.

Thanks!

0 Likes
alynne84
Enthusiast - Level 1

I did not get Backup Assistant pushed to my tour, how do I get it?

0 Likes