Backup Assistant not workin pin invaild
dee3

ok i cant backup my contacts because it says my pin is invaild but it isnt. i have tried changing but cant because my pin is invaild and when prompted to enter pin its still worng and i have chacked on line and on the device and thru text message to make sure my pin was right and i tried to update my prl and delete and re install BUA and still no change.........HELP

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Backup Assistant not workin pin invaild
leeford54
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm assuming you are trying to do the BA from your phone. Have you gone online and tried from that direction?

0 Likes
dee3

how do i do that

0 Likes
leeford54
Enthusiast - Level 3

You will log onto My Verizon. If you haven't set it up you should lots of good info there. There you will find a a Tab for my services and under that is Back Up Assistant. I have a feeling once you get this far you are going to find your cotacts but if not simply hit the Sync button and it will do the rest. Hope this helps let me know how you make out

0 Likes
dee3

didn't work

0 Likes
leeford54
Enthusiast - Level 3

Apparently there is plenty of this going on...in another post Verizon advised the person to remove Back up Assistant and reinstall it, Supposedly the pin will then work...good luck let me know how you make out

0 Likes
Re: Backup Assistant not working pin invalid
BOBDULAC

I have contacted Verizon many, many times for this same problem.  They told me to remove the app from my phone, reboot and it would work....NOT SO.  Then they told me to do a hard reset.  Wiped my phone clean, rebooted, reinstalled the Back Up Assistant and STILL it does not work

I too have put in my valid pin and it says not valid.

Come on Blackberry Verizon! Get this straight as I look into and wait for the Droid Bionic!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Try this: when you reinstall Backup Assistant, and it asks you to enter your PIN, enter # to set a NEW PIN, then enter your old one. For some reason, this works (at least, it did for me)
0 Likes
rasystem

Just went through this myself and the result was a 2 prong approach. After several attempts with customer service and getting through to a top tier technician after spending time with tier II service tech

The results required to have the customer service tech delete my BUA on the server allowing me to seem like a new user.

Then I deleted the BUA service book and application both were done under options\ advanced options.

Then I hooked my blackberry to my computer and used blackberry desktop manager and down graded my phones operating system down 1 level. After that I went to start.vzw.com using the phones web browser and downloaded and installed a fresh copy of BUA. After downloading the program I ran the BUA and everything worked. The last step was to go back to my desktop program and reinstall the phones OS that I had been using.

One word of caution you may have to reinstall some programs after your done I had to reinstall docs to go professional when I was all done.

0 Likes