Backup Assistant won't let me restore MMS to my new replacement phone....why?
blu_by_u

My original Curve's cursor button suddenly stopped working.  So I couldn't use it to check email, SMS or MMS messages.  While waiting on my replacement Curve to arrive I received 4 new text messages, at least two of them were MMS (I could tell by the alarm).  My new replacement arrived today, but the backup assistant won't transfer any MMS's to my new Curve.  How can I fix this?  Can I just read them online somewhere?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Backup Assistant won't let me restore MMS to my new replacement phone....why?
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

If I am not mistaken, Backup Assistant is only for backing up contacts in your address book.  If you want to save MMS messages from your device, I suggest forwarding them to an email address and they will be there for you to forward back to your device.  Hope this helps.

Doc

0 Likes
Re: Backup Assistant won't let me restore MMS to my new replacement phone....why?
blu_by_u

Thanks for the reply. 

I was able to transfer my SMS's, pictures, browser bookmarks, etc.  I would try forwarding the MMS's but I can't open them because the scroll button doesn't work, so I can't even open it up to see who sent it to me, let alone what they sent.  Even if I could find out 'who' sent something to me would be a huge help.

thanks again.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Could you look at your online account and see who sent messages just before you received your new BB?

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

I know you stated you have a replacement device already, but did you try a battery pull on your old device.  If not, pull the battery and put it back to allow the device to reboot.  Maybe that will jog your device's trackball into working.  Also, with your device off, place it on a hard surface and press the trackball down while moving it in different directions.  That might get it going enough for you to get some things off your old device.  Anyways, hope this helps.

Doc

0 Likes
August03
Contributor - Level 3

You can find out who sent the text message to you.  You can sign in online or register at our web site listed  https://login.verizonwireless.com/amserver/UI/Login

Once you sign in online, go to the right of the screen click view bill under the balance.  The next page choose the month, go under the month to the right of the screen and click data details.  You can then view the numbers that had texted you,  but it will not allow you to view the message online.

0 Likes
SoccerRef
Contributor - Level 3

Have you tried to back them up with BlackBerry Desktop Manager and then use device switch?

0 Likes