Black berry storm
mrwilson

Hello all,

I used my Verizon desk manager to down load my contacts from my black berry curve to my new blackberry storm and when I call my new cell number to setup my voice mail it calls my old number. I literally type in my new number but my phone goes to my old voice mail telling me that the number is disconnected. Help Please

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Black berry storm
PhoneGuy96826

Try dialing *228 option 1 to re-program the phone.  You shouldn't lose any data, but it may reset the VM number.  If that doesn't help, a temp fix is to manually dial *86 to access voicemail, or, simply call your own phone number.  You can create a contact that has your own number in it and when you call, it should take you the the VM.  If you hear your own greeting, press # to interrupt it and enter your password. 

Search the forums and other blackberry sites.  Someone may have an answer.  If I find anything else, I'll post it. 

0 Likes
PhoneGuy96826

OK...not sure if the Storm does this...but on the curve...

Press the green phone key.  Press the Blackberry (menu) button.  If Options is in there, press it.  You should now be in the "phone options" menu.  Select Voicemail.  Type your current phone number as the access number.  Should be all set. 

0 Likes
SaNDman
Contributor - Level 3

What PhoneGuy96826 said is correct, there is that feature in Blackberry Storm. Try it out, and good luck. But I have "Visual Voice Mail" installed on my Storm, I can "see" who left me voice mail. (cost  $2.00):smileywink:

0 Likes