BlackBerry 9630 Tour will not sync to Outlook desktop calendar
mcqueen6

I'm having a problem syncing my Outlook Calendar to my 9630 Tour.  All of the other Outlook function sync correctly.  I have uninstalled everything (Desk Top Software and 4.7 Device Software) and re-installed per bulletins KB02206, and KB04840.  This has corrected the problem in the past.  The calendar wants to sync with my email calendar and not my desktop calendar.  When I change  the default calendar on my device to the desktop calendar,  the calendar will not sync at all.  I have had this problem on 2 prior occasions( about every 3 months).  Running windows XP, Desktop Software 5.0.1.28, and 4.7.1.61 Device software.

Any help would be appreciated.  

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: BlackBerry 9630 Tour will not sync to Outlook desktop calendar
jnestell
Contributor - Level 2

How did you fix the issue the previous couple of times and now it it is not working.  Have you tried to update the desktop manager software?  It is up to v.5.0.1.

When you mentioned that you change the default calendar on your device to the dekstop calendar, what is the calendar that it was originally set to? 

I wonder if it is actually syncing the calendar but it is not syncing to the desktop calendar but the original calendar that was set.

0 Likes
mcqueen6

Using Desktop 5.01.28 and 4.7.1.61 Device software.  Both are the latest versions.

The very first time I set the calendar up it worked fine syncing with the desktop software and the unwanted Outlook email calendar.  Then I deleted the Outlook email calendar and everything still worked fine for about 3 months. 

When I removed the old device software and installed 4.7.1.61 it corrected the first desktop calendar problem.

What gets me is that it was working fine and then all of a sudden it stops working.  Original default calendar was Blackberry desktop calendar.

0 Likes
jnestell
Contributor - Level 2

Have you had this problem after you updated your Desktop Manager Software?  I have seen where the software upgrade will cause you to setup your syncing options all over again and it is possible that the settings for the calendar are not point to the right calendar on your device to synce with.  I would look at those settings next.

0 Likes