BlackBerry 9930 problems when charging
mr-burns

Is anyone else having issues while their BB 9930 is plugged in and charging?  I have a user who says "the screen and images randomly change and manual controls are uncontrollable and/or do not work.  It restores itself as soon as I unplug the charger."  This doesn't sound nearly as bad as the previous problems I've been reading about (BB short-circuits after dead battery is recharged, constantly reboots), but it's an annoying one all the same.  I believe I updated this BB to the latest software patch level before the user went on his trip (whatever patch requested to be installed on 10/24/11 when I first set up the BB), but I'll double check when he returns in a couple weeks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: BlackBerry 9930 problems when charging
abdullah

my blackberry 9930 also died :s. i put it in the charger next day it's not working !! i bought it from verizon but without contract i paid 650$ last month !! and now they said that they cant help me !! what should i do !!!! 

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

abdullah wrote:

my blackberry 9930 also died :s. i put it in the charger next day it's not working !! i bought it from verizon but without contract i paid 650$ last month !! and now they said that they cant help me !! what should i do !!!! 

If the phone is a month old, it's under warranty and replaceable, unless there is physical damage.  Do you have insurance on the phone?

0 Likes
abdullah

not really i bought it prepaid plan i called verizon i called blackberry rim but nothing !!! 

0 Likes
nhunter75

Hi,

This just started happening to me today (battery wont charge).  This Bold 9930 has been 1 problem after another.   Cant read emails.....which is the only reason why i went with blackberry because I need it for work emails.  Now, here I am away from home, and the darn battery wont charge.  Ive tried multiple outlets, tried charging in car, tried charging directly from computer USB and nothing.   I am so dissapointed with this phone.  I had a Blackberry World edition from 5 years ago and that phone was a champion....no problems ever.  Now, I have this new high tech thin phone, and the battery wont charge.  Ughhhhhh.   I was just on the phone 2 weeks ago for a seperate problem (opening emails) for 2 hours.   Now, I imagine another 2 hours and a trip to the store shelling out more bucks.   I have always had the best things to say about Verizon wireless.  Ive been with tthem for 10 years.  But this is going downhill.  Misc charges every month.  I need a Phd in phone administration to understand my bill.  I m not accusing, but how easy would it be to charge all X millions users an extra 50 cents a month.  That adds up.   I am starting to lose faith here.   And I still will go with Verizon.  One more chance.  I continue to give them the benefit of the doubt but ive reached the edge.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning nhunetr75,

Having a reliable and functioning wireless device has now become a necessity in today’s world! We can certainly understand how important this is for you! I will be more than happy to assist you with your Blackberry! May I ask is there any physical or liquid damage on your phone? Also, what software version do you have on the device? Below are some steps to assist with the device not taking a charge.

1. Perform a battery pull and confirm that the gold battery plates are clean and are making a secure connection to the coils.
2. Plug the phone into the charger without the battery inserted and test for any electrical feedback. (blinking red light, missing battery icon)
3. Verify that the battery door is securely fastened to the device.
4. Clean any dust or debris from the charging port and/or the device charger.

Once you have done the steps above then please retest the device. If the device still doesn’t take a charge then step 2 from above will isolate the root cause by identifying if the issue is the battery or the charging port. Once we know the cause then we can review warranty/replacement options. As far as email solutions, may I ask are your work emails setup using Microsoft Exchange? If so then I would recommend reaching out to your company’s IT dept for assistance as we are unable to verify your company’s internal network or email settings. If you have any additional questions or concerns then feel free to reply as I am eager to assist.

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes