BlackBerry Barcode
atime2cry

So I cannot seem to find the barcode to scan a contact in...can anybody help? I have the BlackBerry tour 9630

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: BlackBerry Barcode
Michele-VzW
Contributor - Level 2

atime2cry wrote:

So I cannot seem to find the barcode to scan a contact in...can anybody help? I have the BlackBerry tour 9630

Can you elaborate on this?  Where are your contacts at that you want to scan them in to the tour?

0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

The menu key will open the menu with the "Scan Group Barcode" or go into My Profile and you can see your Barcode there. Is that what you are looking for?

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

I have had a few coworkers complain of the same thing.  After they gave me their Blackberry devices to see if I could fix the problem, I noted each one of them were not running the 5.0 version of Blackberry Messenger.  Make sure you are running the latest version.  You can download it from Blackberry App World or straight from Blackberry's web site.  You can check which version you are running by going to Options>Advanced Options>Applications.

Doc

0 Likes
Michele-VzW
Contributor - Level 2

I found some more information on the barcode scan, this is from the BlackBerry site:

What are barcodes in BlackBerry Messenger 5.0 and how to use them

Doc ID: KB19661
Modified Date: 10-07-2009
Document Type: Support

Products

• BlackBerry® Messenger

Environment

• BlackBerry® Messenger 5.0

Overview

When using adding contacts to the BlackBerry Messenger 5.0 contact list or to a group in BlackBerry Messenger 5.0, it is possible to add them using a bar code.

With the installation of BlackBerry Messenger 5.0, all users can display their unique barcode for other BlackBerry Messenger 5.0 users to scan and add to their contact list.

To add a contact by scanning a barcode:

To display a personal barcode:

1. On the Home screen or in the Instant Messaging folder, click the BlackBerry Messenger icon.
  2. On the contact list screen, press the Menu key.
  3. Click My Profile.
  4. Click Display My Barcode.

To display a group barcode:

1. On the Home screen or in the Instant Messaging folder, click the BlackBerry Messenger icon.
  2. Select the group you would like to display the barcode for.
  3. Press the Menu key.
  4. Select Group Details.
  5. Click Display Group Barcode.

To scan a personal barcode:

2. On the contact list screen, click Invite contact.
  3. Click Scan a person’s barcode.
  4. Hold your device so that all four corners of the barcode appear on your device screen.

To scan a group barcode:

2. Click Scan a Group Barcode, found under BlackBerry Groups.
  3. Hold your device so that all four corners of the barcode appear on your device screen.

NOTE: For BlackBerry smartphones that have non-auto focusing cameras (such as BlackBerry® Bold™ 9000 smartphone), you may need to move the device further or closer.

0 Likes