I upgraded my Blackberry Bold to the 6.0 OS and now when I have an incoming call the device unlocks the keyboard. In the previous version, if an incoming call came in I would have to enter my password before anything became active. However now, if I use a bluetooth device and the phone is in the holster the keyboard unlocks and everytime I move unpredictible stuff happens as different options are now available. Is there any way to disable this in the 6.0 OS so that nothing happens in the holster?
This is very annoying. It appears that it occurs because the trackball or trackbutton gets pushed while in the holder. Once a call begins, the trackbutton allows the phone to be placed on mute, speaker etc even with the keyboard locked. So if you are driving down the road in your car, phone in holster and you turn a corner most often the phone goes straight to mute (mute is default) as the button gets pressed.
Anyone have a trick up their sleeve?
Hi. You do have the option to downgrade back to OS 5.0. Below I have provided you with steps to do so.
- You can install the BlackBerry Desktop Manager 5.0 by going to http://us.blackberry.com/ ,
- Select Apps & Softwaree
- Select BlackBerry Desktop Software
- Select BlackBerry Desktop for PC
- Scroll to bottom to screen and select Download earlier versions of BlackBerry Desktop Software for PC
- Select BlackBerry Desktop Software v5.0
- Select Next
- Download Desktop Manager 5.0.0 B28 English - Without Media Manager.