BlackBerry KEYone (nee Mercury)
DickLewis
Contributor - Level 3

Title is the question. Will we be able to pre-order the new BlackDroid KEYone?

Release appears to be sometime in April and according to launch info, CDMA will be available.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: BlackBerry KEYone (nee Mercury)
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

You can register on BlackBerry's site to be notified when preorder is available: BlackBerry KEYone – Register

0 Likes
DickLewis
Contributor - Level 3

Aware of that, but BlackBerry Store only sells GSM, not CDMA.

I want info from Verizon, I get bucket loads of email from BlackBerry.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

The specs show CDMA bands, don't remember offhand which ones Verizon uses, but I'd be willing to bet the unlocked version is compatible.

0 Likes
DickLewis
Contributor - Level 3

BlackBerry Store sells only unlocked GSM phones.

Verizon uses CDMA, which you cannot buy from BlackBerry.

Verizon up to the Priv sells all BlackBerry phones unlocked for GSM and CDMA, for use only any carrier.

We either purchase from Verizon, or something like eBay that someone on VZW decided to sell.

Interesting since Verizon mentioned years ago that they were to be switching to GSM, but they have not.

Leaves us not being able to buy BlackBerry: DTEK50, DTEK60 for BlackDroid, Passport and others on BB10.

Announcements from BlackBerry for their launch on their store is therefore worthless for VZW customers.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Technically, they are switching to GSM, that's what LTE is based on, and why you need a SIM card in Verizon phones now, they're making the push to get everyone on VoLTE but, until then, they can't phase out CDMA.

You have to remember that BlackBerry isn't building phones anymore. Can't say for sure that their unlocked phones will be Verizon compatible, but the spec sheet on their website did, in fact, show CDMA bands.

0 Likes
DickLewis
Contributor - Level 3

Interesting, which I already know, but it still is not the point.

Without CDMA on BlackDroid, it cannot be used by Verizon customers.

The disclaimer is even on BlackBerry Store, their GSM phones will not work on Verizon nor Sprint.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am a big Blackberry fan also, and I truly understand your desire for information about this particular device. We do not have any information about future devices being offered on our network. Please be assured that we will announce all new devices on our website at vzw.com when ready to launch or preoder.

You can subscribe to emails for new products at this link: https://forms.verizonwireless.com/dgf/optin/2012/08282012_general_optin/

AntonioC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DickLewis
Contributor - Level 3

Thanks, signed up again, since I haven't received any email in a while.

Already follow @VZWSupport Have for a long time.

Just hoping to see the KEYone when it is officially launched in April.

Thanks.

0 Likes
walter66
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sorry don't mean to be rude but that just sounds like standard Verizon mouthwash...

0 Likes