BlackBerry Passport on BlackBerry Store
laxtrlvr
Enthusiast - Level 1

Now that we know the Passport will not immediately be available on Verizon, if we get a phone unit from BlackBerry Store, will it work on Verizon?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: BlackBerry Passport on BlackBerry Store
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi, bloren3433

It is just like when Verizon got the exclusive for the Z30, AT&T will get the exclusive with the Passport.  See http://crackberry.com/att-getting-exclusive-blackberry-passport-when-it-launches-usa

Verizon will get the Classic when it is released later this year.  To answer the other user wanting to know if the Passport will work on Verizon...no.  Verizon is CDMA

In my opinion, BlackBerry is shooting themselves in the foot by doing the exclusive thing.  You would think they would want to sell some phones and let all of the big carriers in the USA have the Passport.  But, who am I to question them...just a consumer.  I'm not going to "jump ship" and change providers just because the latest phone is exclusive.  That won't be for long, heck, look at the Z30.  It was exclusive for just a short while.  I just wish BlackBerry would get serious again about marketing their products.  You walk into a Verizon store and ask to look at their BlackBerry devices, and they look at you like you have lobsters crawling out of your ears, lol.  Well, I will come down off my soapbox. 

Doc

View solution in original post

jinxs1591
Enthusiast - Level 2

Blackberry passport will only be available to AT&T and a unlock version will not run on the Verizon network due to CDMA

0 Likes
bloren3433
Enthusiast - Level 1

If Verizon is not going to carry the Blackberry Passport, then I'm moving my business to AT&T.  After almost 20 years, I will leave Verizon in order to get a Blackberry.

StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi, bloren3433

It is just like when Verizon got the exclusive for the Z30, AT&T will get the exclusive with the Passport.  See http://crackberry.com/att-getting-exclusive-blackberry-passport-when-it-launches-usa

Verizon will get the Classic when it is released later this year.  To answer the other user wanting to know if the Passport will work on Verizon...no.  Verizon is CDMA

In my opinion, BlackBerry is shooting themselves in the foot by doing the exclusive thing.  You would think they would want to sell some phones and let all of the big carriers in the USA have the Passport.  But, who am I to question them...just a consumer.  I'm not going to "jump ship" and change providers just because the latest phone is exclusive.  That won't be for long, heck, look at the Z30.  It was exclusive for just a short while.  I just wish BlackBerry would get serious again about marketing their products.  You walk into a Verizon store and ask to look at their BlackBerry devices, and they look at you like you have lobsters crawling out of your ears, lol.  Well, I will come down off my soapbox. 

Doc

B33
Legend

Whats Sad Doc. at one time you couldn't go just a few steps in a place an not see someone with Black Berrie & even though I've pushed on to Android I hope they can some how" come back to the way they where..

0 Likes
lhale3333
Enthusiast - Level 1

I hope they do because if Verizon doesn't carry the Passport then I will break my contract to go with AT&T too so I can have the Passport.

MsColeJ08
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am a very big fan of Blackberry phones and was thinking about getting a windows phone when my upgrade comes; however, if Verizon will not be selling any of the new Blackberry phones, like the Porsche or the passport, I will be sure to look at going to another provider.

BigBen757
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would consider changing to ATT as well if Verizon doesn't come out with the passport! 

ummie4
Enthusiast - Level 3

The passport is sold out for USA customers until October 6th. Are you hearing this Verizon the phone is SOLD OUT! Everyone that was able to order a Passport on Sept 24th is either on AT&T or planing on moving to AT&T when they receive their phone. I am ordering a Passport on October 6th from shopblackberry.com with over night shipping I will have it up and running on AT&T the next day. 

ummie4
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just announced Shopblackberry.com and amazon.com sold out 200,000 Passports in 6 hours. The next wave of stock becomes available on Oct 6th. Could another 200,000 be sold on that day by customers like me who did not get a chance to order in the first 6 hours of availability? Would like to see the faces of Verizon upper management now who chose not to have Blackberry go into production with a Passport compatible with the Verizon network .