Re: BlackBerry Passport on BlackBerry Store
Frank_the_Lawyer
Enthusiast - Level 2

Actually it was a "notification" not a text; still, it got my hopes up all

for nothing. Thanks for the info but 2016 ?????

0 Likes
ummie4
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, Verizon announced that their 3G CDMA network will be phased out sometime in 2016. Alot of phones will likely to support voLTE in 2015. The LTE network needs upgraded and expanded in order to solely rely on it and allow them to drop 3G completely. Verizon's 3G is the network that is CDMA. Passport is compatible with Verizon's LTE network. 

0 Likes
rulethedroid
Contributor - Level 1

Doesn't matter if the passport has the right bands for Verizon's lte.  Verizon will not allow byod unless it's a Verizon branded and approved device.

0 Likes
SirSharpie
Enthusiast - Level 1

That would make sense if Verizon only ran on CDMA network technology. But in recent years Verizon has invested in a widespread, highly-dependable LTE network, transitioning their infrastructure away from an aging CDMA standard. The Passport, as an LTE device, ought to work on Verizon's network, though it will not be guaranteed unless Verizon opts to carry it, as I earnestly hope they will.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Frank_the_Lawyer, we want you to have the best wireless experience no matter which device you choose. At this time, it has not yet been confirmed that we will launch the Blackberry Passport on our network. You can stay tuned right here: http://bit.ly/n5snpq

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Frank_the_Lawyer
Enthusiast - Level 2

You guys need to get the Passport! Or people will go to ATT!!! Just the

truth, I like Verizon but I don't get this at all.

Frank

On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 11:06 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

rulethedroid
Contributor - Level 1

Sorry blackberry Joe, what you say is complete rubbish. Why then would the first 200,000 Passports be sold directly to consumers via shop.blackberry.com and Amazon? Bottom line is the Passport is not available on Verizon, business or personal.

jhanks64
Enthusiast - Level 3

@

That's not really an answer.  Are you working to be a politician?  That's the same sort of NON Answer they give.

How about telling us the truth about why the Z30 is gone and which new BlackBerry phones you will be offering?

We aren't even asking for a specific date.  We care about freedom, privacy and security and a superior OS.  That means we want BlackBerry 10 and NOT one of the others you like to push on us.

Just tell us IF the BlackBerry Passport or Classic is coming. Let us move to AT&T where we can use Unlocked GSM phones, even if they are an evil company.