BlackBerry Storm Extra Application Problems
s174153

Lately I have noticed a few extra applications that I did not add. For instance YouTube, Slacker Radio, two VzwTones, VCastSongID, and VCast Music Rhapsody. I did not add these but they appeared on my phone.

My three Questions are:

Why does this happen?

Does anyone else have this problem?

How do I get rid of them?

I ht the BB Menu button and there is no option to delete. So I installed one and then got the delete option but it never fully got rid of it.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: BlackBerry Storm Extra Application Problems
teemcee

Those applications are pushed to your phone by Verizon.  You can delete them by going to your Home Screen > Options > Advanced Options.  Highlight the program you wish to remove (choose wisely...you don't want to remove a critical BB application).  Press the BlackBerry key and select delete.  Sometimes you may need to reboot or do a battery pull after deleting an application.

0 Likes
s174153

The apploications don't show up there. I just got back from the store and I was told that there was nothing that can be done except to hide them. As far as the duplicate application goes, the only  thing that can be done is to have them "flash" my phone and reset all defaults. Not really worth it.

0 Likes
teemcee

I just checked on my phone.  I don't see Slacker or YouTube in the Applications menu but all of the Verizon-based applications (Song ID, VCast Music, etc.) appear.  You can delete the Verizon applications successfully using the steps I noted above.  I have deleted the VZ Navigator application on three of the five BlackBerry phones I have using this method.  You can also delete them through the Desktop Manager.

As far as Slacker Radio and YouTube, perhaps the store personnel are correct and you can only hide them.  This is one of the reasons I am NOT in favor of Verizon pushing apps to customers.  If I want it, I will find it.  Don't jam stuff down my throat and then not give me the option of refusing!

0 Likes
rookietrader
Enthusiast - Level 3

just hide those applications because they are not applications just links to download the application thats why you dont see them in your applications because they are not installed.

0 Likes