BlackBerry Tour 9630 5.0 Upgrade Issue With Sounds
AZFirestar67

I can't complain too much about my Tour, I'm always on messages so battery life to me is not too big of an issue. What my concern is that after the 5.0 upgrade (which I did online and for some reason I lost everything and had to back up info from a previous backup), but since then occasionally I have an issue where I hang up from a call or get a message and a tune plays on my phone that I am unable to silence. I have to do a battery pull as it keeps consistent. The tune is not on my phone. I did notice that I had received some MMS after the upgrade, had opened and deleted them, but apparently these are the tunes the phone stored for some odd crazy reason. It will keep playing consistent to a battery pull. What can I do to resolve it? Has anyone else experienced this issue? Any ideas? I love my Tour and love BlackBerry, but don't like the two tunes it decides to play occasionally. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: BlackBerry Tour 9630 5.0 Upgrade Issue With Sounds
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

I have seen this problem pop up in the forums a couple of times now and did some research.  This problem, like you stated, occurs with the Tour after the latest 5.0 official OS upgrade.  It seems that after a user receives a MMS message with an audio file attached, the audio file will play on it's own after the user disconnects from a telephone call.  The immediate fix to stop the problem is obviously a battery pull, as you stated.  I was reading on other forums and it seems this problem is starting to appear as users discover it.  The problem is in the software for the OS that causes an MMS with an audio file to play the file.  I would recommend looking at all of your files on your Blackberry for the audio file or the MMS in question.  You stated you deleted the MMS, but the audio file or both could still be on your device, lurking in the memory.  In the 5.0 OS, there is a feature that lets you look at files and folders on your Blackberry.  Go to Files and File Folders.  Look under both Media Card and Device Memory for the suspected files.  Delete them from your device if you find them.  Reboot your device by pulling the battery.  That should clear up the problem.  Keep us informed of your progress here in the forums so others will know if the problem was resolved.  Thanks in advance.

Doc

0 Likes
remowilliams

That did it! Either it was lurking in memory or I needed to delete the file from the mem-card then remove the battery. My sanity, however much is remaining, thanks you!!!!!

0 Likes
Not applicable

That worked!!!!!!! Thanks.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

I am hoping we can now call this a "fix" for this issue.  I am glad it is clearing up the problem for some folks. 

Doc

0 Likes
steelejc15425

This worked for me too, I deleted the MMS and then pulled the battery out.

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Glad that it worked.  Let me know if you need any further help.

Doc

0 Likes
bryan_9c

I get many MMS durring the day and the battery pull does work, but there needs to be a perminant fix.  I end up pulling my battery many times durring the day and this is getting very old.  I am very unhappy with this part of the update but over all I am pleased with the other features of the update.

0 Likes