Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BlackBerry may release an Android phone
Snn5
Sr. Leader

BlackBerry may release an Android phone | The Verge

Blackberry may continue its hybrid affair with Android.  With security integration with Samsung Knox to an Android-based OS with a BB keyboard in addition to the already Android-app-emulation on BB OS.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: BlackBerry may release an Android phone
MiiHere
Leader

That just seems...wrong.

Loquat

My thoughts exactly...

0 Likes
Snn5
Sr. Leader

Hybrid-survival.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Leader

It reminds me of a Cosmos on steroids. The whole slide function is so old school at this point.

0 Likes
Snn5
Sr. Leader

AT&T Torch.  I wanted that phone.  i thought of it as a larger screened version of my Curve.  But, I was on a Droid 2 with Verizon at the time.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Leader

At one point I had a Blackberry...the curve. That was right around the time Verizon started requiring a data package, but I fortunately bought it before hand so I could use it for it's keyboard, but not all the fancy functions.

0 Likes
Loquat

My first and last Blackberry was the Tour...my job provided it to me.  It just didn't do anything well.  Email was slow...and I never got use to the mini trackball.  The OS was clunky...it was just not a good experience.  I know there were (and probably still are) many people who loved BB...after using my Tour for several months I just never got what all the hype was about...

MiiHere
Leader

I must have had 2 Blackberries because I do remember when the trackball died, but on the curve it had a...trackpad? Not sure what the official name was, but because of the type of phone cases I liked, it was covered up anyway.

0 Likes
pherson
Leader

I had the pearl, storm 1 and storm 2. Loved all of them, but the Internet experience on android is what made me switch. I briefly had an iPhone 4s then switched back to android.