Re: Blackberry 10
21stNow
Master - Level 1

Mandm1229 wrote:

The BlackBerry Z10 is coming! This device is going to be the best BlackBerry to date. If I may recommend trying it. It will be worth everything. These people who say it is a bad device already, probably are ifans.

People who say it's a good device already are probably BlackBerry fans.  How can either side really know if the phone isn't out in the US yet?

0 Likes
sreidenb
Enthusiast - Level 1

The Z10 is already out in most countries other than the US. There have been many reviews written already; some good, some bad. You have that with every new phone. Judging by most reviews, the phone is performing quite well. Even better with the new software update that rolled out last week. (improving battery life beyond existing BB's like the 9930) You will have to make a personal judgement when you finally use the phone for yourself though... I just wish Verizon would give us a heads up on the date already. I have been holding my upgrade since last June. 

0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1

That was my point.  There are many reviews out there, but there's no way that I know for myself whether the phone is good or bad.  Being that this is a Verizon Wireless board, a vast majority of the people who post here are based in the US.  Unless someone has been to Canada, the UK or one of the other countries that have this device, that person can't issue an opinion on the device based on personal experience.  It would just come from others' experiences or watching videos.

I wasn't trying to argue or start anything with my comment.  I was just pointing out that there are "fans" on both sides of any OS debate.

RickinSD
Enthusiast - Level 3

Indeed most BlackBerry fans like the new Z10, however the media reviews of the phone are pathetically skewed.  I read one review where the reporter based his review on what he heard about the phone, not actually using it!  His reason?  The free phone that BB sent him accidentally didn't have a battery in the box so for that reason he trashed it.

Go to CrackBerry.com and see the buzz about the phone.  The primary beef people have about it is the lack of a few apps that people consider necessities (Instagram, Skype and Netflix).  Supposedly Skype will be rolled out in the next few weeks, the others are still up in the air, but can be added to the phone via "sideloading" the Android verson of these apps.  It's legal as long as the app is free.

I plan to get the phone when the store opens on Thursday.  Can't wait.

0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1

I have been on CrackBerry.  I would say that some of the opinions that I see over there are skewed, too, but in the other direction.

0 Likes
Mandm1229

It is a great community. Anywhere you go it will have opinions. A lot of people there can and will see both sides of the spectrum.

0 Likes
Mandm1229

I will be getting the phone as soon as I can can on thursday.

0 Likes
21stNow
Master - Level 1

I prefer the carrier forums to CrackBerry.  If you post a question for help on CrackBerry, you do well to get five responses and still may not find an answer in those responses.  But users that post a negative opinion can count on at least 40 responses.  Yet they wonder why there is slow adoption of BlackBerry these days. 

Those types of forums are needed, especially since BlackBerry wants to charge $49 to answer one question.  But CrackBerry forums do more to hurt than to help normal phone users.

0 Likes
Mandm1229

I have been around CrackBerry since late 2007 and it has been a great place. I have not come across a better community for help. Yes you will get people who are immature. But there is a lot of knowledge there and people willing to help.

I have been on far worse forums, that wasted my time and tested my patience.

The community was created because of the addiction BlackBerry had created. BlackBerry now has an up hill battle and it will be helped by its users. Word of mouth of the Z10 and Q10 are going to be crucial. For BlackBerry to be a power again.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Mandm1229 wrote:

.... Word of mouth of the Z10 and Q10 are going to be crucial. For BlackBerry to be a power again.

And I'm patiently waiting to see how they are received, and how they work.  The lack of new phones between when I got my Bold and my recent upgrade pushed me to Android, not unwillingly, but it just made sense.  The new BB's are out about 3 weeks too late for me, but I will be watching, with interest.

0 Likes