Blackberry 9330 question - simple
T_Bill
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm thinking about getting this for my mother. Does anyone know if the keyboard automatically locks when not in use or does it require you to manually press button to lock it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Blackberry 9330 question - simple
Spiral
Master - Level 1

T_Bill wrote:

I'm thinking about getting this for my mother. Does anyone know if the keyboard automatically locks when not in use or does it require you to manually press button to lock it?

One feature of Blackberry's is the password lock system.  That is what I use on my Bold as a keyboard lock. I think the 9330 has a similar password feature.

It automatically locks the device after a specified time (user defined) of no activity.  It also locks when placed into either a holster or case with magnet (like OEM cases) that introduces sleep mode.  When locked, the phone cannot be dialed without first entering the password but the phone CAN be answered without entering the password (nice as you don't have time to enter a password when a call comes in). 

This system helps me to prevent 'pocket dialing' and also provides security for the device in case it is lost/stolen.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Blackberry 9330 question - simple
Spiral
Master - Level 1

T_Bill wrote:

One feature of Blackberry's is the password lock system.  That is what I use on my Bold as a keyboard lock. I think the 9330 has a similar password feature.

It automatically locks the device after a specified time (user defined) of no activity.  It also locks when placed into either a holster or case with magnet (like OEM cases) that introduces sleep mode.  When locked, the phone cannot be dialed without first entering the password but the phone CAN be answered without entering the password (nice as you don't have time to enter a password when a call comes in). 

This system helps me to prevent 'pocket dialing' and also provides security for the device in case it is lost/stolen.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes