Blackberry 9530 OS 5.0 issues!!!!!!!!!
Jquick09

I never had any real issues with my 9530 when I first got it almost a year ago.  When the new 5.0 OS came out I downloaded it & LOVED it for the first two or three days.  It took a while to get my BB msgr back & my "quick pull" stopped working all together even after setting all the permissions to "allow" but for the most part everything moved much faster so I was happy.  Then the real problems started.... Everytime I touch anything on my screen when using the web browser it goes into a "select" mode, it also does this when using any web based apps.  When I am in the process of typing an e-mail/txt/mms or a message on the FB app, the buttons I'm hitting do not show up on the screen because, just as an example, if I hit the letter L, Z will show up on the screen.  When I use my phone in a the "landscape" option because it used to be easier to send messages that way, the "auto text" just chooses any random word it wants to and throughs it on the screen.  The last thing is my application memory is rediculously low.  It used to stay around 40 or 45 now it stays at 5-10 no matter what I delete.  The most annoying of all of these problems I've been having with this new OS is the "select" mode when trying to browse the web, it happens over and over and over again.  Can someone PLEASE help me fix this before I go nuts!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry 9530 OS 5.0 issues!!!!!!!!!
JCM
Enthusiast - Level 3
I understand your issues had the same thing with (select mode) its quickpull that is cuasing this ! I had to delete user applications thru security wipe I only checked marked that not the whole data on phone so uncheck email and wipe it will only erase applications. If still the same wipe again but this time only wipe as checked marked, like email, contacts, etc.. All will be lost but it will solve problem most definitely ! You can back up phone but I don't recommend you restore until you do some testing without anything on phone and install apps one by one and test...
0 Likes
wsh4wngs

Wow! I had the exact same issues and spent nearly an entire weekend attempting different strategies until I found what worked (because although they were VERY VERY nice, the people at the store and on the customer support line couln't seem to figure out the problem). I also had to totally delete the Quick Puil application. Just attempting to delete it though doesn't do the trick. Here's what I had to do, and the phone has now been working perfectly (knock on wood!) for the last week. First, I made sure to sync my contacts with my Microsoft Outlook on my PC using the BlackBerry Desktop Manager program that came with my phone (so they wouldn't be lost). I should also note that I had backed up my BlackBerry using the Desktop Manager right before I dowloaded the new upgrade for my phone, so I knew that if all went wrong as I was  attempting my fix-its I could always restore my phone using that saved backup file from my home computer. I also then made sure all of my ringtones, music, and picture files were saved securely on my media card and proceeded to disconnect the media card from my device - just in case. So, on with the saga - after syncing my contacts, I went into Options and then Security Options and then Security Wipe on my phone and did a Security wipe of Email, Contacts, etc as well as User Installed Applications. Once that was complete, I turned the phone off and pulled the battery - again just to make sure I had done everything I could to fix the issue. Once the phone rebooted, I connected it to my computer and synced my contacts back from my computer to my device. I then had to go to Setup and go through the Setup Wizard as well as Email Settings in order to restore my email accounts on my device. Finally, I reinstalled BlackBerry App World...now the trick was, once I was on App World and went to "My World" I then had to "Log-In" so that my previously paid for apps would reappear for reinstallation. The Free Apps that I had dowloaded previously I had to re-find within App World and download all over again as if I had never had them. A little time consuming, but relatively painless. Do not reinstall the QuickPull App! It ends up shutting everything down all over again. You may also find that you have to locate and download Apps like VisualVoiceMail from App World - even though they may have originally come installed on your phone (as I had to do).

Just another note - my father had the same issue too, thank goodness (I guess) I had gone through my ordeal first and was able to fix it.

0 Likes
MacDaddy
Contributor - Level 1

Security Wipe is a little Drastic for deleting an app, I deleted Quickpull by simply going to Options and Applications, Third Party App, select app and delete it. Doesn't wipe out everything else on the device.

0 Likes
JCM
Enthusiast - Level 3
macdaddy why are you afraid of security wipe it clears them bugs out.. hey {you can only delete user apps} only. if you want now this was a must since it could not be deleted by going to applications for some. plus when i deleted from there still had some issues but all that isgone.
0 Likes
MacDaddy
Contributor - Level 1

JCM wrote:
macdaddy why are you afraid of security wipe it clears them bugs out.. hey {you can only delete user apps} only. if you want now this was a must since it could not be deleted by going to applications for some. plus when i deleted from there still had some issues but all that isgone.

Not afraid of it, Last Resort, There are other ways to do it without wiping everything you have installed (not operating system) Mail included.  2 times to use security wipe. 1) you get a new phone and want to sell yours. 2) you try that before wiping complete device including operating system.

0 Likes