Blackberry 9530 force with internet !?!
Vinnylfs
Hello there, How can I use my blackberry 9530 without internet ? what's the reason in why verizon forcing us to paying $29.99 for data when you don't use any of it ?
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry 9530 force with internet !?!
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

The $29.99 data fee is not a Verizon fee it is RIM's .  You will not be able to activate the device without the data fee.  

0 Likes
Vinnylfs
Well the phone don't need data in order to working and if you don't need data why you should pay for it that's one. Second, if is an obligation to get data why they don't allowed you to choose from what you need and for example, why they don't offer the data to pay per use plan which there is no monthly fee for it and it is up to you if you want to use it or not even if is more expensive, but it is your option right ? and in this way I can see more freedom ...
0 Likes
Spiral
Master - Level 1

Blackberries do need data to access email and internet.  The reason Verizon requires a data package is because they have "learned" that when people are allowed to not have data packages they use data anyway and then complain about the charges.  I recommend that if you do not want to pay data charges, get a dumb phone that cannot access the internet.  It is your option if you have a cell phone or not, right?

0 Likes
Vinnylfs
I have a storm sense was released 9530 , but because of financial issue I had to cut from many, and one of them is the data which I don't use it, like I said before this it should be my option not something imposed by them just because I do have a phone and it is very easy for them to block the data on my phone like in Europe or like on other phones from here too ... Now in order to change the plan by cutting the data I need an new phone .... so why I should get a new phone which may be free indeed but, with an extension on my plan ??? .... its not make any sense ....
0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Vinny -

If you are trying to cut costs, then another option for you would be to get a used phone, a friend's phone that they no longer use, that doesn't require data, and activate that on your line, and that would allow you to drop the data plan.

Keeping the Blackberry will mean a data plan, no way around it. 

0 Likes
Vinnylfs
I got my old phone back with no data and other features which I had for BB, but like I said is not fair the way verizon act. BB emails its an option is not something required by phone in order to have a data plan and even so there suppose to be an free choice of your data plan in special when I have an family plan for over 7 years with 4 active lines and there was no late bills, and that's because someone said verizon lean the lesson ( pay per use no monthly fee )... in which way .... Maybe soon they will do something about it ....
0 Likes
Vinnylfs
Before I changed to the Blackberry in 2008, I had the Moto Q and it DID NOT REQUIRE A DATA PLAN. As a matter of fact, I still have the phone and was told I could reactivate and stop my current data plan like it was before got the BB. I would rather have seen Verizon allow the users the ability to shut off internet access (so they can't inadvertently access the internet and incur charges), that will be a freedom like was before for any PDA or Smartphone. If user wants internet give them to choose from what they need and not $30 for something which you don't use .... I thought someone can give me an idea how to manage something to keep my phone without data or with the data pay per use.... Vinny
0 Likes
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

I don't have a real problem with the data fee on smartphones, but charging a minimum $9.99 for data on a regular "multimedia" phone is crap. 

My wife is currently using an env2 and eligible for upgrade.  She wants the env3 but will have to pay $20 bucks a month more because of the data fee and she uses VZ Navigator (which is free under current contract and her phone).  Because of this VZW just lost a sale.

And before anyone says she can get a regular phone yes she can but have you checked out the selection of those?  They are junk.  Guess its that way to force people to move up and spend more for something they don't want or need.

Nice job marketing really making people happy with that move.

0 Likes
Vinnylfs
Hi Steve, Well someone with the same thoughts like mine why I should pay for something which I don't need as long verizon is the #1 as covering well they should allow more freedom for user and not to force to pay for something that does not using, and if they had or still have financial problem they can higher the phone prices, there is a big market from where to choose your phone to buy and with whom to use it right ? ...
0 Likes