Blackberry 9630 Tour won't update to 6.1 deskmanager and now won't sync to 5.1
Josie58

My husband and I both have 9630 tours and run our Destop Manager for our phones separate personnel computers.  We have been having problems since August with Desktop Manager. When we tried to upgrade to 6.0 my computer would load and run the program once then crash. We thought it was because of video stored video clips. So for my phone we went back to 5.1.  We tried locating and removing the stored video clips but that didn't seem to help. Each time an upgrade came out we would try upgrading desktop manager hoping there was a fix included. However it still wouldn't work so we would reload 5.1.  With the last upgrade attempt  and reload to 5.1  a week ago, my phone has now stopped syncing.  When I connect the phone to the computer, I get a box labeled Intellisync  indicating "Unknown error reported".  My husband's realized his phone wasn't syncing and went back to 5.1 and phone is now doing the same thing on his computer.  How do we fix this? 

We both are using Windows 7 64 bit. Our internet connection is through Hughesnet satillite. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry 9630 Tour won't update to 6.1 deskmanager and now won't sync to 5.1
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hey,

I would recommend deleting the program from your computer and then doing a fresh install of Desktop Manager.  I believe that the program became corrupt during those upgrades.  Try just a complete installation of Desktop Manager, the latest version, on your PC.  Then try to set it up again on your Blackberry and see if you can back up your device.  Let us know here if that works or not.  

Doc 

0 Likes
Re: Blackberry 9630 Tour won't update to 6.1 deskmanager and now won't sync to 5.1
Josie58

Basically that is what we have done each time. Uninstalled both Manager programs 5. and  6. (or what ever). Then re-install the 5.

But I guess we will try it again.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Be sure to reboot the computer after the uninstall to be sure everything is completely removed and the registry and startup files are reset before attempting the reinstall.
0 Likes
Spiral
Master - Level 1

The rumor I have heard is that Blackberry Desktop Software does not work reliably with Windows 7 64 bit, which you indicate you are using.  I recommend you check crackberry.com (Blackberry Desktop Manager forum) for additional info.  Good luck.

0 Likes