Blackberry 9650 OS6 update
DCBCANES

Ok "Big Red" your os6 version has been leaked so how long you gonna make us wait for the "official" software update.  I can only update "OTA", but if I could i'd already have it.  You overcharge us enough the least you could do is give us timely updates!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry 9650 OS6 update
SFObrien
Contributor - Level 3

OTA is not your only option.  You can download it and install to your computer. From there you can install it.  I haven't used OTA upgrading for a long time now.  This method is better and you don't have to worry about the download stopping or taking hours like I have seen them do.

You can find the download and instructions over on CrackBerry.

Good luck.

0 Likes
DCBCANES

Thanks for you advice, but unfortunately for me I don't have a personal computer so I can only update ota. I kinda just put this post up to try and get an answer from "Big Red" because when you ask them they say that RIM hasn't given them any updates but lo and behold the first "leak" is a straight up Verizon version.

0 Likes
Spiral
Master - Level 1

DCBCANES wrote:

Thanks for you advice, but unfortunately for me I don't have a personal computer so I can only update ota. I kinda just put this post up to try and get an answer from "Big Red" because when you ask them they say that RIM hasn't given them any updates but lo and behold the first "leak" is a straight up Verizon version.

While I am not going to disagree that the leak possibly came from Verizon, it is clearly not a "Straight up Verizon Version" as you suggest.  If that were true the leak would have the PTT module which it doesn't. 

I never understand why customers think that CSR's are told about every happening with every phone in inventory BEFORE IT ACTUALLY HAPPENS.  The only people at Verizon to have the update from RIM are the few software engineers that are evaluating and modifying the software for use.  Not Customer Service.

By the way, 6.0.0.222 runs great.

0 Likes