Blackberry 9930 on 4G-LTE Sim Card Swap
frechles11

My wife and I are considering switching from AT&T to Verizon. However, I am unable to have a phone at work with a camera due to security restrictions. All the managers at work have company supplied Blackberry Bold 9930s on Verizon.  I currently have an older unlocked Blackberry that I switch Sim cards (AT&T) daily to be able to have the Blackberry at work and my Galaxy S3 at home. I do not get as good of signal as the Verizon service/Blackberrys. I just purchased a new unlocked Blackberry Bold online.

If we switched to Verizon, would I be able switch the Verizon 4G-LTE sim card between a new S5 and the Blackberry Bold 9930 so I could have a phone for work and for home? Or is the Verizon service on the 9930s still only CDMA based since they are not newer 4G phones? Also, please note that I do not have internet access at work either to be able to do anything on MyVerizon.

I have been to a Verizon store  and Best Buy and have not gotten a straight answer nor have I found a definite answer searching the internet.  I would hate to switch services and not be able to have a phone at work or easily switch phones daily.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Blackberry 9930 on 4G-LTE Sim Card Swap
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for taking the time to reach out, Frechles11. We want you to always be able to easily manage your account. The SIM card on the Verizon Blackberry Bold 9930 is designed for international 3G use not 4G so the SIM cards are incompatible.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Blackberry 9930 on 4G-LTE Sim Card Swap
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for taking the time to reach out, Frechles11. We want you to always be able to easily manage your account. The SIM card on the Verizon Blackberry Bold 9930 is designed for international 3G use not 4G so the SIM cards are incompatible.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes