Blackberry Bold 9650 Camera button reboots phone sometimes and the sound quits working sometimes!
LaurenNC84

I have a blackberry bold 9650 and it seems that the problems are stacking up on me one by one now after a few months problem free!  Every so often when I push the camera button on the side my phone will decide to reboot itself.  Does anyone have this problem or know why it is doing this?!?!  Also, lastnight a problem like I had with my old curve started up!  The phone decided to quit giving me notification sounds/alerts and wouldn't ring.  Of course with a quick remove and replacement of the battery it works again but less than 24 hours later it did it again!  So, with that said, is anyone have THAT type of problem with their phone?!  HELP! As soon as the snow/ice gets off the roads I will be making a trip to the Verizon store! :smileymad: 

(Not to mention the paint is chipping off at least 8 keys...something which seems to be a common problem on these from what I've read!)

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Bold 9650 Camera button reboots phone sometimes and the sound quits working sometimes
SoccerRef
Contributor - Level 3

Although the 9650 has a ton of memory, it sounds like you are running into memory issues. What's your memory free?

0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Bold 9650 Camera button reboots phone sometimes and the sound quits working sometimes
LaurenNC84

It says the compression is enabled, application memory is 291.6mb and media card total space is 1.9gb and free space is 1.6gb.  I erase my text messages and emails on a regular basis too.  It also tells me there's no updates available when I try to do a wireless update, and I have my phone scheduled to turn off and back on every morning. 

0 Likes
SoccerRef
Contributor - Level 3

Well your memory is hunky dory. Maybe reload your OS using DM? Be sure to back everything up. Use DM for email, contacts & settings. Use BBSAK for 3rd party apps.

0 Likes
LaurenNC84

I will look into that..thanks!

0 Likes
MacDaddy
Contributor - Level 1
Don't bother reinstalling the OS, I'm running the Sprint version of 6 and still have the camera bug of rebooting on my Bold, Its a software bug that effects the Storm and Bold that BB needs to address.
0 Likes
lonestar11

One of the major factors that has been discovered to cause this issue is the application SmartWiFi. Myself and many other have had the Camera Reboot problem with SmartWiFi installed, and when we delted the application the problem goes away. Since deleting the application months ago I have had no camera reboot issues.

AS far as sounds go, I get that too, and to refresh them, just open up the sound profile you're using open up whatever isnt working, make sure everything checks out and hit the back button. Seems to do the trick for me.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions and I'll see what I can do to help.

0 Likes