Blackberry Bold 9650 Camera issue
Holymackeral

I noticed about a week ago that I cannot zoom in or out while in camera mode?  The touchpad works fine in any other application.  Any advice?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Bold 9650 Camera issue
Android10
Contributor - Level 3

Try doing a soft reset on the device:

Soft Reset

Power the device off.
Remove and replace the battery.

Power the device back on, then dial *228 send and option 1. 

Camera and video camera

• To zoom in to a subject before taking a picture, press the Volume Up key.
• To zoom out from a subject before taking a picture, press the Volume Down key.
• To take a picture, press the Right Convenience key.
• To change the flash mode for a picture, if available, or to turn on low-light mode for a video, press the Space key.

(Page 21 user manual).

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

Noah is correct in that you must use the volume rocker to zoom in and out in camera mode.  On other models, such as the Tour, you could zoom in and out with the trackball, but you can not use the trackpad on the Bold for this...only the volume rocker.  Hope this helps,  Happy Holidays.

Doc

0 Likes
redwizard69

StreetDocRN wrote:

Hi,

Noah is correct in that you must use the volume rocker to zoom in and out in camera mode.  On other models, such as the Tour, you could zoom in and out with the trackball, but you can not use the trackpad on the Bold for this...only the volume rocker.  Hope this helps,  Happy Holidays.

Doc

Totally incorrect Doc..my Bold zooms with trackpad and has since I 1st got it. Even gives you a little visual slider on the right side of screen showing how far you have zoomed and how much you have left. Volume rocker also works.  Still does so even w/ Software upgrades

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

redwizard69 wrote:

Totally incorrect Doc..my Bold zooms with trackpad and has since I 1st got it. Even gives you a little visual slider on the right side of screen showing how far you have zoomed and how much you have left. Volume rocker also works.  Still does so even w/ Software upgrades

Hi,

After pulling up the camera app on my Bold, you are correct and I stand corrected.  The trackpad does in fact zoom in and out for the camera and the video camera modes.  Thanks for setting us all straight.

Happy Holidays,

Doc

0 Likes
redwizard69

Glad I got one right......Happy Holidays to all!

0 Likes