Re: Blackberry Bold 9650 Dropping Calls When Driving
Hard

i did the *228 it doesnt work happeneds to be everyone in my agency who has this blackberry bold has the same issue.. i think its the phone software. you guys should work with blackberry to fix it.....

0 Likes
JHiker

I already returned my first Bold because it went to SOS in a 5 bar area. Yesterday, while driving from Burlington, VT (on I-89 and I-91) to Connecticut, I had six dropped calls and the strength indicator would go from 5 bars to nothing within seconds. Either the antennae or the software or both aren't working. I did the *228 /2 and battery pull twice and still keeps losing the signal. 

Been a Verizon customer for 10 years and my previous Curve worked just fine. Either Verizon steps up and admits there's an issue with the phone or I move to AT&T and an iPhone. AT&T's network isn't the best, but at least the phones work where they're supposed to.

0 Likes
litttlelaura

I have had issues with this phone dropping calls while driving, while parked, while walking...  I am losing signal in places that I have never had issues before.  I have updated using the *228 feature several times and nothing seems to fix the problem.

What can be done to fix this?!  I miss my Curve - It never had this many issues.

0 Likes
hallcp1019
Contributor - Level 2

gotta love drivers who are this wrapped up in using a phone on the road

0 Likes
mylevel2

I have been experiencing the same issue with my new BB Bold. It is constantly dropping calls and I did not have this issue with my BB Curve.  I just received a replacement Bold and it doing the same thing.  

0 Likes
sassygirl

Im having the same problem with my Blackberry Bold 9650.... I have experience so many drop calls that I normally did not experience.  I travel the same route to and from work, and have been a Verizon customers for years.  I never have an issue until I go the blackberry bold.  They have sent out 4 phones and the problem still exist.  They keep inform my that it is not the phone, but what else could it be... If the drop calls never exist before.   Yes, I have dial the *228 and option 2 and this have NOT FIX THE PROBLEM.....This is my first and last blackberry......What good is it to have a phone and pay the bill and cannot use the phone........ Please let me know if your problem was resolve and how do you fix your phone.  Thanks in advance

0 Likes
VAndring

As of Nov. 10, 2010, I am on my 5th Bold replacement.  Only yesterday did I stumble across these threads and found the problem is known and has existed for some time.  As yet, the issue is unresolved.  I am running the latest software (.975) and have updated roaming.  What is Verizon doing about this? 

We are paying a premium for services that are not reliable.  Not only do I have dropped calls, but the phones I've had all search endlessly for the network--which renders the phone useless.  Were someone in an accident, or otherwise in danger and the phone malfunctioned where it should not have, and were it the case (as it is) that Verizon was aware of the issue and did nothing to effectively resolve the known issue, it sets the stage for a plaintiff attorney's dream. 

0 Likes
Cracker

I'm on my second 9650 and its dropping calls like crazy, dropped 4 this morning... I had wifi on and off and still the same result... Nothing better than on the phone with a client and having the phone cut out .... We'll find out in a year or 2 there was a defect and they didn't want to admit it... Maybe going to a different carrier would help ?

0 Likes
peligro911
0 Likes
peligro911

dont know why my posts are showing blank ....

What i said was

MAybe try OS 6 see if that helps may help rule out the radio file ... also maybe set phone on 1XEV not Global and remove sim or flip upside down so phone dont auto try to but back on Global or Search for GSM networks. MAybe worth a try

0 Likes