Blackberry Bold 9650 OS 6 update email setup error
Firefighter5e5

Hi All, I recently updated my Blackberry Bold 9650 to operating system 6. Ever since I can not access the email setup on the phone!  I contacted verizon and they said they have had numerous calls on this. They had no fix except to go online to the VZW/Blackberry site to manage my email accounts. Does anyone have a solution to this error/bug? I used to be able to do this from the phone prior to the update! Thanks!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Blackberry Bold 9650 OS 6 update email setup error
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

First, on your device, go to Setup and click on Email Accounts.  You should now be asked if you want to update your email setup application.  Click yes and you will be redirected to your browser which will allow you to download the updated email setup application for your device.  Once you download the update, then you will be prompted to reboot.  Once your device has rebooted, go back into Setup.  Click on Email Accounts and a screen will appear for you to select Internet Mail Account or Enterprise Account.  You will click on Internet Mail Account and any previous email accounts you had setup should appear.  You can then click on the account you wish to change or edit. 

Hope this helps,

Doc

0 Likes
Firefighter5e5

Hi there, thank you for responding to my issue! I tried what you suggested. I went to setup, selected email accounts, it paused for a few seconds, then booted me out of that application. I tried this several times with the same result. Any other suggestions?  Thank you so much!                                                                        Firefighter5e5

0 Likes
StreetDocRN
Champion - Level 1

Hi,

It sounds like you need to reload your device's software.  Before you do anything else, backup your data with Blackberry Desktop Software.  Make sure you have any serial numbers, etc of any 3rd party apps written down.  When you are ready, perform a security wipe of your device.  To perform the security wipe, do the following:

• Go to Options and press the trackpad.
  • Go to Security and press the trackpad.
  • Go to Security Wipe and press the trackpad.
  • Now, select the data you wish to delete.  I recommend placing a check in the boxes beside everything except Media Card.
  • Type the word 'blackberry' without quotation marks in the blank space provided.
  • Select Wipe Data and press the trackpad.  This will initiate the wipe process. 

The whole process can take anywhere from 30-45 minutes to 90 minutes, depending on how much data you have and if it is encrypted.  Your device might restart a few times or may appear not to be doing anything, but do not stop the precess.  Once it has completed, you will be alerted.  You can then reload any of your personal data or 3rd party apps.  You may not want to do this unless you have 2 or 3 hours to spend.  Hope this helps.

Doc

0 Likes
TominqueBo_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello Firefighter5e5,

StreetDocRN gave you a great step to attempt.  Are you still having this issue and if so have you already re-downloaded the software?  Please let me know so I can further assist you if need be.  Thank you.  

0 Likes
Firefighter5e5

Hello,  I'm nervous to try this as Verizon said this could erase some aspects of the software or files that it needs and I wouldnt be able to get them back.  I havent done anything yet. I've just managed my email accounts from the Verizon/Blackberry site. Do I have anything to fear?  Thanks,   Firefighter5e5

0 Likes
hhgrif

Here's hoping this really does work I am trying it now.

0 Likes